MaxxRange Channel Settings

Reaction score
PSA - For those of you who have purchased or plan on purchasing the ItElite MaxxRange, I highly recommend not using a manual channel, especially 30-32. That antenna does not like those channels and you won't get the full benefit of the antenna. I've had about a dozen inquiries about poor range with the MaxxRange & it was all related to using the manual channels. I always use Auto and have never had a problem with range. You may be able to play around and find out which one works best for you though. - Special thanks to phantomflyer13 for noticing this problem! :)

Reactions: Cale262
I have a P4 + ItElite MaxxRange antenna non boosted and after all the latest updates the video is now rock solid and almost always HD quality.

I took it out last night and flew out to 11,000 feet while playing around. I could have went further but wasn't going for that.

The MaxxRange antenna for sure gets me more range than the smaller ItElite antenna does.

I have never tried the channel hack but have been thinking about it after reading everybody talking about it so I'm glad you posted this and saved me some time.

3W boosters from Jake should arrive tomorrow so that will be interesting to see how much different they make.

Jake due to the different dB levels on the 2 different ItElite antenna sizes do the boosters work better on the smaller antenna than the larger Maxx version? I have read about this on here. I saw one guy using the smaller antenna and Jakes 3w booster kit and went form 1 mile range to 4 miles one way which sounds pretty sweet to me.

I have a P4 + ItElite MaxxRange antenna non boosted and after all the latest updates the video is now rock solid and almost always HD quality.

I took it out last night and flew out to 11,000 feet while playing around. I could have went further but wasn't going for that.

The MaxxRange antenna for sure gets me more range than the smaller ItElite antenna does.

I have never tried the channel hack but have been thinking about it after reading everybody talking about it so I'm glad you posted this and saved me some time.

3W boosters from Jake should arrive tomorrow so that will be interesting to see how much different they make.

Jake due to the different dB levels on the 2 different ItElite antenna sizes do the boosters work better on the smaller antenna than the larger Maxx version? I have read about this on here. I saw one guy using the smaller antenna and Jakes 3w booster kit and went form 1 mile range to 4 miles one way which sounds pretty sweet to me.
I'm not sure on that one. I've tested this but in both scenarios, I run out of battery before range. Need someone to do a suicide mission to test his out haha!

PSA - For those of you who have purchased or plan on purchasing the ItElite MaxxRange, I highly recommend not using a manual channel, especially 30-32. That antenna does not like those channels and you won't get the full benefit of the antenna. I've had about a dozen inquiries about poor range with the MaxxRange & it was all related to using the manual channels. I always use Auto and have never had a problem with range. You may be able to play around and find out which one works best for you though. - Special thanks to phantomflyer13 for noticing this problem! :)

I just installed the maxx and after setting the channel to auto as instructed by Jake, I seem to get better range and a more solid video connection. Only did one test though, I well be doing another one shortly but from what I saw on the last flight with auto channel I would have to agree with what Jake says.

8ddc46bb39bf6cd3587d5d518201ee89.jpg

Thanks Jake

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Ha! I was flying over a local fair that looked just like that also.

Gotta love all the lights!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20