Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

So it sounds like the Terminator is much heavier ? from the photos it looks like the sizes are close to the same ?
The real test for most of us in more urban settings is trying to punch through trees . I want to be able to fly 2 or 3 miles out and then go a little lowerr to take photos . Wonder if either will work behind trees in such an environment ,even with Sunhams ?

Holy f'n **** thats badass!!

Reactions: kphantom
SK check DB's Healthy drones links he flow over a small town with both antennas. It looks like Terminator did better.
I call it a tie, the one time the maxxrange dipped video bars a little was because I was still at 200 feet I should've went up to 250 by then like I did with the terminator!
That one test was fair but honestly the signal imperfections that show up in the HD report I didn't even see on my app! On my app I had perfect signal on both antennas start to finish

Last edited:
So it sounds like the Terminator is much heavier ? from the photos it looks like the sizes are close to the same ?
The real test for most of us in more urban settings is trying to punch through trees . I want to be able to fly 2 or 3 miles out and then go a little lowerr to take photos . Wonder if either will work behind trees in such an environment ,even with Sunhams ?
They're both great antennas, I have had the chance to autoland 2 to 3 miles from home .2 times with the terminator because I miss judged the wind and I can tell you I was able to go down till about 40 feet off the ground before I lost signal at 2 to 3 miles away

Man im going get you a lawn chair..small cooler and a puzzle so you can sit back while the bird is flying out that far... i cant get over that distance..crazy!!

Thanks Jerry, but I'm not a hero, I am an idiot! I did that one for ya'll
We all appreciate it DB!!!..always testing to the extreme just to give us results!

Any way it shakes, it took a lot of balls!

Jerry
Thanks Jerry, but not really, I have a tracker on the aircraft and the gimbals going bad anyway. Flying over miles of cornfields no real glory! Fun though[emoji41]

Hi y'all!!! Have to ask a question here and I hope someone can answer. The few videos that I have watched on YouTube with these antennas show guys flying line of sight with no obstructions. What kind of range can you get if you have trees, buildings, etc. thanks for all replys.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi y'all!!! Have to ask a question here and I hope someone can answer. The few videos that I have watched on YouTube with these antennas show guys flying line of sight with no obstructions. What kind of range can you get if you have trees, buildings, etc. thanks for all replys.

What would be a good kind of test to perform next time I'm flying around, that might help with the answer you're looking for?

What would be a good kind of test to perform next time I'm flying around, that might help with the answer you're looking for?

Well, I live out in the country and am a new drone operator. During the winter with no leaves on the trees, I could get out about 3000 ft and could of gone further but kept it under 3000ft. Again I live in the country with a lot trees. Now in the spring time I can only get about 1800 ft with leaves on the trees. Big difference. Would the maxx help out in this area? In other words, does the maxx cut thru trees and building ha so to speak? Thanks for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1