Maxx Uav evo kit

Reaction score
First time posting here. Just got my kit in from Jake. Everything looks perfect. I'm just curious about a connection. On Maxx UAV website it shows the thicker insulated wire going from the remote to the input of the amplifiers. Wouldn't the thicker cable be for the amplifiers signal going from the amp to the antennas? Anyways I did it the way that made more sense to me, thicker to ant. panel. Any thoughts?
6ddd2510ecc21e8aef7c6d8f9dae9459.jpg
452d825785ae8edfd174329e67df4132.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Thick black wires go from where you drilled holes in radio to amp pack. Then thin wires go from amp pack to antenna.

Attachments

• EvoKitV3-2_large.jpg
    EvoKitV3-2_large.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 428
I understand that, but I was referring to as of why it would be connected like that? Like is it done that way to keep the source signal clean of interference before it's amplified? That would be my only answer I could come up with

I understand that, but I was referring to as of why it would be connected like that? Like is it done that way to keep the source signal clean of interference before it's amplified? That would be my only answer I could come up with

There was probably really no thought process in it, Jake is a great guy and has great customer service, but he's not an antenna expert! Run 'em whichever way works best for you. Or just order another set of the black cables RG 58's from these guys
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466889931.179561.jpg

Reactions: apollopark
Im in a pretty noisy area. Max distance so far is almost 10k. At first I wasn't getting great range and was switching channels from 32 down to 24. Having it on auto made a huge difference.

I've only done it the way shown on the website. I'm curious as to if it helps with range or not. For me, I max out my battery so let me know what kind of results you get Apollo.

Just stopped along the hwy here In a open area. Turned around at 18000ft at 65% and full bars! Sweet!!!! Time to pigtail some extra battery leads....

Are you guys getting good range with the amps hooked up but not turned on. I can't get 100 feet with them off. But once I turn them on I get range

Are you guys getting good range with the amps hooked up but not turned on. I can't get 100 feet with them off. But once I turn them on I get range
With the amps hooked up to your controller but not turned on they will absorb the signal/energy being sent from your controller, so you will not burn up the controller like you would if you had no antennas hooked at all. But amps are not a pass-through, if they're not powered up your signal does not pass through them, it stops at them[emoji41]
I understand what I'm saying, I'm just not smart enough to explain it, so I hope that helped

Reactions: Tripc
With the amps hooked up to your controller but not turned on they will absorb the signal/energy being sent from your controller, so you will not burn up the controller like you would if you had no antennas hooked at all. But amps are not a pass-through, if they're not powered up your signal does not pass through them, it stops at them[emoji41]
I understand what I'm saying, I'm just not smart enough to explain it, so I hope that helped
that helps ...thanks a bunch.. so your saying that the normal signal just kinds of stops in the amp packs when they not turned on. So basically you have to have them on to fly the drone at all

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
that helps ...thanks a bunch.. so your saying that the normal signal just kinds of stops in the amp packs when they not turned on. So basically you have to have them on to fly the drone at all
Yes if you don't plan on using the amps or your batteries dead for the amps, then disconnect the cable from the amps and go straight from antenna to controller. You can fly a little ways with the amps turned off but probably not far, maybe 1000 feet

First time posting here. Just got my kit in from Jake. Everything looks perfect. I'm just curious about a connection. On Maxx UAV website it shows the thicker insulated wire going from the remote to the input of the amplifiers. Wouldn't the thicker cable be for the amplifiers signal going from the amp to the antennas? Anyways I did it the way that made more sense to me, thicker to ant. panel. Any thoughts?
6ddd2510ecc21e8aef7c6d8f9dae9459.jpg
452d825785ae8edfd174329e67df4132.jpg

Did you install with the clean install kit?

Yeah i had some panel antennas i installed when i first got the bird, if you look at the pic the ant leads are coming out the factory holes

I'm on the edge of purchasing that kit, currently I can only get 1000-1200ft out without getting the weak image transmission error. Would you recommend this upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

100%. I had the same issue, veru noisey area and got about 1500ft and lost video. I upgraded to the rgtek panel antenna and got a little nore gain but not much,. After the Maxx uav kit i went out 12k on my first run in the same area, 28000 in a open area before turning back cause of battery.

Reactions: MK47 and GKPK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic