Maxx UAV - Clean Install Now Available! (No more drilling holes!)

Reaction score
Hey guys! The new clean install kit is now available for purchase. No more worrying about having to drill holes if you want to do an antenna mod. You can see pictures and get more info here: DJI - Clean Install

Also, I've put together an installation tutorial

Great video, Jake! Thanks for making it. One question, do you have to cut the pieces off the stock antenna to get them to come out? Just curious if the clean install option is fully reversible just in case I would need to send the aircraft and/or controller back to DJI for service.

I've had to slightly snip at the lips of a few of them to squeeze them out, if you do not take too much off they can still click back in place nicely.

Re the "Clean install" as above, I purchased the clean install kit , (which turned up OK) and then followed the video instructions no problem, but upon splitting the remote controller and then carefully removed the 2 roller switches, I discovered that BOTH the plastic locating pillars in the bottom half of the remote controller were broken off and when I removed the original antenna, I discovered that one of the plastic collars was broken !!!!!!!.

I could have cracked the aerial collar ( but I'm pretty certain that I didn't, bearing in mind the care I took in removing the aerials) but the locating pillars for the switches were definitely broken when I split the remote, only held in place by the screws through them, pretty lousy quality control I would say on Dji's part.
I can't imagine Dji replacing the case if it was brought to their attention.

It also makes me wonder if the same person was the reason for cracks appearing in case around the rotor engine mounting points in some Phantoms, it only takes some ham fisted idiot with a air wrench "nipping" screws up on the assembly line to start cracks and break things off. Not good on an expensive piece of kit.

Aside from that the Phantom is up and running although I haven't had the chance yet to carry out any comparisons with signal improvement everything is working as before.
I think that the extended aerial connections could do with "flat washers" both inside and out where they go through the case and I may remedy this later if the connections start to turn in the case, but aside from that everything is OK and I would thoroughly recommend the upgrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj