Maxx UAV anyone?

Reaction score
Has anyone done the maxxuav mod to their controller. Thinking about doing the evolite kit plus. Wondering if anyone has any experience with it and if they installed it themselves.

I've done the one without the Boosters which is basically the same thing. EASY. If you can use a screwdriver and precision drivers then it's a breeze. The boosters are all external as are the batteries for the boosters so it's still just the antenna signal wires in the remote.

I have a P4P. I can only get like 2000 ft away before it starts loosing signal. I live in an urban area so I'm not expecting the 4.3 or whatever miles that DJI says it'll do but I'd like to go a little further than a quarter mile. I've been emailing Jake from maxx uav as to when they will have a system for the P4P and he said by the end of February.

I live in a hilly area with a fair amount of high trees and immediate obstructions. I first installed the Lite booster with the clean install kit. Without it, I was getting about 1700 feet in a congested area.
With the Lite Booster, I was getting about 2700 feet.
I just easily installed the EvoLite power.
Yesterday, a quick flight, cold weather but at 4000 feet, I was getting a strong signal.
And this is in an obstructed view setting with trees and hills.

And Jake answers the phone, e-mails, and follows all orders with immediate confirmation.

I live in a hilly area with a fair amount of high trees and immediate obstructions. I first installed the Lite booster with the clean install kit. Without it, I was getting about 1700 feet in a congested area.
With the Lite Booster, I was getting about 2700 feet.
I just easily installed the EvoLite power.
Yesterday, a quick flight, cold weather but at 4000 feet, I was getting a strong signal.
And this is in an obstructed view setting with trees and hills.

And Jake answers the phone, e-mails, and follows all orders with immediate confirmation.
Did you do the install yourself?

I tried Drone World's firebridge upgrade and it did wonders for my range even in urban areas. the remote still maintained its clean look without any boosters or batts hanging off the controller, i highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The level of Customer Service you get from Maxx UAV is amazing and their products are just as impressive. You can't go wrong with MaxxUAV.

Reactions: Eddie258
Did you do the install yourself?
Did one, had them do one. Easy install but you toast the remote if you make a mistake. The $99 charge and two day return may be worth it.

I noted the Firebridge upgrade. Reviews find both excellent. The firebridge design works as well, perhaps somewhat better when boosted. The differences appear minimal in terms of function.

Pick the one you like. Jake will help if a problem occurs.

Yep installed Maxx uav evolite kit with boosters on P3P remote control...install fairly straight forward and you can get some serious range.

I'm using the Maxxrange antenna boosted and can easily get 5 miles out. Just ordered the smaller panel tonight so I'll get to see how it compares to the larger one.

Reactions: jsposito
gone out to 37k (7miles)..can go further depending on what type of external battery used...not for the faint hearted though!

Just as an aside, there appears to be limited if any benefit of the larger panel over the standard panel. Although it appear to be counter intuitive, Jake, and others, find the smaller panel has the benefit of being lighter and less bulky, and not necessarily a degradation in range.

Reactions: Corvette595

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik