Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

MaxUav Evo Distance

Discussion in 'Phantom 4 Discussion' started by Jonah, May 13, 2016.

1. Jonah

Well I finally installed the MaxxUav Evo Kit...it took me awhile to get around to it but I am very happy to report I did.

I have flown from my backyard for quite awhile. I am not in the city but the suburbs. Very heavy interference in the area I fly. From my backyard I almost can never fly more then 4000' out without losing signal. I have to raise the controller into the air to get a better signal and I might be able to push it another 500-1000' on a good day.

Anyways...I hooked everything up and off I flew straight into the night. I flew easily all the way to 8631' simply holding the now much heavier controller in my hand looking down at my iPad. At that point I was losing some of the image, getting a notice that the image transmission was low. So I turned it around and flew back. I can't wait to try it again and fly from my roof which I like to do at night sometimes to see how far she'll go.

Theresa Strange likes this.