Maximum Vertical gain on Phantom?

Reaction score
Hello to all,

is there any problem if I use on Phantom maximum vertical gain to 250%, because with that value it works fine with altitude hold? Everything less I have altitude hold problem?

Thank you in advance.

Elvir

Gains are only a fine tune.

An overweight Phantom can cause altitude hold problems. How much does your Phantom weigh?

miskatonic said:
Gains are only a fine tune.

An overweight Phantom can cause altitude hold problems. How much does your Phantom weigh?

Well I had problems with attitude hold and that is reason why I was "playing" with gains, but now all work fine...problem was with props on my Phantom I use Graupner E-Prop 8x5 and I just change it with default Phantom's and now all work fine...I supposed that with Graupner E-Prop 8x5 everything will work better because I get suggest, but...thank you all on advices since I'm new in all this.

Graupner 8x5's I found pretty rubbish on a phantom they have a lot less lift then stock dji. The 9x5's are just about matching stock 8 inch dji props for lift. Graupners may be good on a high rpm 4s or higher setup but on a heavy phantom I found them completly useless. The last thing you want is reduced lift on a setup that already is a little underpropped at 1kg so adding weight and reducing lift will give no benefit. This is why I found the triblades were a good boost and by the looks of it the vision props are better agai but I am yet to try them.

If you have issues with yaw hold and altitude hold this is normally because your lacking lift and also flight times will be drastically cut so even though many people swear by graupners I found them to be huge fail on my phantom.

martcerv said:
Graupner 8x5's I found pretty rubbish on a phantom they have a lot less lift then stock dji. The 9x5's are just about matching stock 8 inch dji props for lift. Graupners may be good on a high rpm 4s or higher setup but on a heavy phantom I found them completly useless. The last thing you want is reduced lift on a setup that already is a little underpropped at 1kg so adding weight and reducing lift will give no benefit. This is why I found the triblades were a good boost and by the looks of it the vision props are better agai but I am yet to try them.

If you have issues with yaw hold and altitude hold this is normally because your lacking lift and also flight times will be drastically cut so even though many people swear by graupners I found them to be huge fail on my phantom.

I have good experience with Graupner 9x5 props. My phantom is too heavy with 2 batteries around 1400g, still trying to find ways to reduce weights. Setting vertical gain to 200, I can still hover with hands off. But on descend sometimes it will just drop fast and need to compensate throttle. Using stock props, my phantom keeps moving like yo yo.

The Graupner 9x5's are better but still very similar to the stock DJI 8 inch props and probably still less lift so I dont see any reason to use them on my phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik