Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Maximum storage temperature PV+?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Fulcanic, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Fulcanic

Hello again!

In a couple of weeks i'am going on a vacation to Italy. Since we are going camping i'll be sleeping in a tent.
    Offcourse i want to bring my phantom to this beautiful country. My only concern is that i want to keep it in my car
    Because i can lock it. But temperatures can get quite high in the car. I've read the specs on de DJI site wich only
    mention operating environment temps (0-40 c). On a hot summer day the temperature inside the car can easely rise above
    this. My question:

Does anyone know the max storage temperature of the PV+ ? Because i don't want to damage the electronics inside!

Thanks for the input.

2. Fulcanic

I quess nobody really knows? :-(

3. cahutch

The Phantom should be fine in the car but I wouldn't keep the batteries in there.
    The high temp might damage them and there's always the risk of rupture and fire.
    From the Internet (So you know it has to be true) "Storing battery at temperatures greater than 170 degrees F for extended periods of time (more than 2 hours) may cause damage to battery and possible fire."

As for the Phantom I wouldn't expect any problems unless it get's hot enough to warp the plastic.

4. phantomguy

what are the temps inside large metal cargo containers that are in the sunlight during days of shipping travel from china?

5. Fulcanic

Never thought off that! Good point i'll keep my batteries in a cool place. Hope to make some nice footage!
    Thanks for your replies!