maximum motor speed reached warning n autolanded

Reaction score
my phantom 4 shows maximum motor speed reached warning n landed (dropped) from the sky ... anyone encounter this problem ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Croatian drone
I sometimes run my P4 to the max in s mode for the life of the battery and never had that. ? Did you loose a prop first?

Reactions: tak5501
1 post from Nang! Could be his first and last post?

If it (dropped) from the sky like he claimed. I doubt there will be anything left!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Same for me.... Motors bla bla bla... At 250m height! What is happening people?
Best regards from Croatia!
:)

My P4 gave this warning yesterday when flying at 400' and in Atti Mode. I had the wind at my back and the aircraft hit 58.8 mph. When this happened I switched to Sport mode to slow it down. Unlike you mine continued flying normally however.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: tak5501
had the same message last week, max motor speed reached, bird dropped from the sky,...in 100 pieces right now, does anyone know of the prob cause
was flying on ATTI mode, practicing the drone orientation manouvre

had the same message last week, max motor speed reached, bird dropped from the sky,...in 100 pieces right now, does anyone know of the prob cause
was flying on ATTI mode, practicing the drone orientation manouvre
You just replied to an old thread so the original posters probably won't answer but unless you were doing some radical flying in gusty conditions the most likely cause of the max motor speed warning is a prop breaking or flying off. Although your Phantom is looking rather second hand can you see if all the props were still attached when it impacted the ground.

Reactions: an Fear glic
You just replied to an old thread so the original posters probably won't answer but unless you were doing some radical flying in gusty conditions the most likely cause of the max motor speed warning is a prop breaking or flying off. Although your Phantom is looking rather second hand can you see if all the props were still attached when it impacted the ground.
all props, at least the remains of, were still attached

Reactions: Quamera
all props, at least the remains of, were still attached
Well that's the obvious solution thrown out, maybe if you posted your log someone might be able to help. Its obvious from the thread you replied to that the problem has happened to others but there doesn't seem to be any solutions found yet.

If one blade broke off a prop I expect there would be a horrible vibration through the AC and the FC would try to increase motor speed to compensate for the reduced lift, is that a possibility.

Another line of investigation is how does the Phantom measure motor speed and what can go wrong there

Reactions: an Fear glic
I got that message yesterday in Sport Mode, about 350' altitude and headed outbound while testing new reflectors for the RC antennas. I backed off the speed a bit and the message cleared.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl