Maximum flight distance

Reaction score
Is it possible to set the maximum flight distance past 500 meters in the DJI Go app

No.

What if you have the app turned off and flying with remote only, is the default distance still 500 M

The firmware installed on the Phantom is what prevents it from flying over 500 meters.

Thanks M, on the app there is a switch to turn off maximum distance, what is the purpose of this?

Are we talking max distance or height? the phantom is capable of traveling more than 500 meters away... but it seems 500 meters is a hard altitude limit.

I keep seeing phantoms doing these phenomenal distance records, was that before the new firmware uogrades

I'm a newbie as well but from what i got:
Max distance is different from max altitude!
Height limit is 500m. Basically If you're not in beginner mode the distance limit is given by the signal strenght: when you loose signal, the phantom comes back home or do whatever you programmed it to do.
With some apps like Litchi in theory you can programme waypoints and fly as far as the battery stays alive

my unit won't let me go past 500M
You cannot set a maximum distance greater than 500m. If you turn that setting off, you can fly as far as your remote controller connection will allow.

my unit won't let me go past 500M

As people have tried explaining to you - there is a maximum altitude (height) limit of 500m.

As for distance, there is NO limit. Make sure u are not in beginner mode, and then the only 'limit' on distance is your signal strength (and your battery power remaining - remember, you gotta leave enough battery power to get back home i.e. The further you are away from home point, the more battery you need to get back home safely!)

So, providing you have a good signal strength, there is NO distance limit.

The 500m limit you are talking about is the HEIGHT (altitude) limit that is built into the Phantom. This limit is not able to be increased.

Somebody rode the short bus. Im just saying

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

As for distance, there is NO limit.
There certainly is a distance limit setting.

DJI-GO-Maximum-Distance.png

Which only applies if in beginner mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl