Maximum flight altitude reached... at 50 feet??

Reaction score
Sometimes when I launch, the app says max flight altitude reached even though I'm only at around 25 feet. Sometimes, it's at 50 feet. What gives?

What is your max altitude set to in DJI Go?

Please upload one of your TXT flight logs here and post a link back here. It'll be easier to troubleshoot this one if we can see the flight data.

It happens all the time actually but usually once it's in the air for a few moments and it says max altitude reached, it allows me to go higher if I wait a bit. This time, it wouldn't let me.

It does say this in the Flight Log: "Maximum Altitude Reached: Adjust altitude in MC Settings if required."
My max altitude in MC settings is 500M.

The screen displayed a yellow status but said Ready to Go I believe. That's the other question, why sometimes yellow and sometimes green even though the status message is the same?

500M? As in roughly 1500ft?
Old style fencing did have a graduated ceiling as you got closer to an airport, but I believe the minimum height was 100ft before it dropped to zero as an NFZ.

Ready to go in yellow typically is when GPS is lost and you are in VPS or ATTI mode because of it.
Some other similar situations will produce yellow status display.

500M? As in roughly 1500ft?
Old style fencing did have a graduated ceiling as you got closer to an airport, but I believe the minimum height was 100ft before it dropped to zero as an NFZ.

Hmm, I've flown in the area before with no problems. I wonder if temporary restrictions are put up, if they limit you as well. Plus I have a P4P Pro so it shouldn't even let me lift off if you're saying a newer model would not even let you lift off.

Looks like no real answers yet.

When taking off without GPS (assuming that is what happened), your max altitude will be restricted. It'll be restricted even more if VPS is enabled.

Let's take a look at a flight log.

It does say this in the Flight Log: "Maximum Altitude Reached: Adjust altitude in MC Settings if required."
My max altitude in MC settings is 500M.

The screen displayed a yellow status but said Ready to Go I believe. That's the other question, why sometimes yellow and sometimes green even though the status message is the same?
You not have a Gps signal, yellow status is that you fly with just sensor positions and the max altitude will be 30mts

You can fly without GPS, there should not be any altitude restriction. The AC uses a barometer for altitude when beyond the VPS range.

You can fly without GPS, there should not be any altitude restriction.
The altitude is most definitively restricted when taking off without a good GPS signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen