Max wind to fly the p4 in?

Reaction score
What is the max wind you feel comfortable flying in? I was flying in 11 mph today with 17mph gusts at 400ft and it was getting blown all over the place... it was shaking, and you could really see it was struggling to stay in place... at least it said 11 mph on my weather website. I checked the flight log on healthydrones and it said the average wind speed was 35.7 mph with three calculated wind periods, which seems much more likely than the 11 mph the weather website said, plus it was hundreds of feet up in the air
here is the log: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
it wouldn't even stop in gps mode... i let go of the controls and it went away at 1ft per second even with twenty satellites and with sport mode making it go full forward into the wind it went 3-8 mph
it even tilted so far at a point that the gimbal reset and stopped my heart for a moment looking at the screen with the gimbal no longer stabilized
do you think it really was 35.7 mph?

I flew what was supposed to be 25mph winds in p mode, it held well but you could tell it was working hard, so you probably flew in the 30mph range. I was quite impressed at how well it could maintain position. Flew around in atti and that was a rush with à tail wind (kicked ***) I landed between my house and garage to get out of the wind.

I don't like to fly in winds greater than about 10 MPH on the ground. I know the Phantom can handle high winds, but it's not as easy to control and/or get good footage.

I flew in 30 mph plus winds (according to my flight log) and it held steady. When I took off the ground wind was probably 15 mph but in the higher elevations it was gusting pretty good apparently.

When reading wind speeds don't forget most of these are recorded at sea level... Few hundred feet up it a different story... Also if you do fly in high wind do not fly far because your return speed can be a 1/3 of your initial speed. The other day I was flying with gusts behind me and hit 66mph and coming back I was only managing about 18mph...make sure you have plenty of battery.

Don't know if this is correct or me as a newbie being stupid. I switch to A mode & see what speed the drone is doing.

Don't know if this is correct or me as a newbie being stupid. I switch to A mode & see what speed the drone is doing.
Exactomondo! It is a good tactic but I think you should add a couple of numbers to what's being displayed as the aircraft would still have a little resistance dur to it weight and shape

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31