Max wind for P4?

What the max wind speed you guys stop flying you Phantom? I'm rather conservative, trying to find what is reasonable. Not trying to break any record :)

Thank you.
I will fly up to 15-20mph ... anything over that I don't like take off or landing. It can handle a lot more but 20 is my max.

Reactions: tak5501
What the max wind speed you guys stop flying you Phantom? I'm rather conservative, trying to find what is reasonable. Not trying to break any record :)

Thank you.
I have flown in 27mph in Hawaii. I have video of it. My P4 handled it well. A little drifting the higher I went. I would not try to use the RTH button.

My limit is 15 kts - the P4 can hold its position in much higher winds, but landing becomes a bit risky as the drone is kind of tilted in flight and might even topple over on touchdown.

I view flying in wind as high risk, so I try to avoid it if possible. I'll have flown in winds up to 25mph with gusts up to 40mph, which is a bit intimidating, but I don't recommend it. I think the most risk has to do with losing GPS or compass during flight, both resulting in ATTI mode. If you don't know ATTI mode really good, you have no business flying in wind, IMHO. Flying ATTI in wind is a handful, especially landing, where you basically need to stuff the craft into a bush somewhere. It's not pretty, but landing in wind while in ATTI is crazy difficult. So keep that in mind next time you fly in wind, there is a much higher level of risk. P3 craft have only one compass and IMU, which increases the risk. Many of us P3 flyers have had compass issues during flight, resulting in ATTI mode. With later P4, Mavic, P4P and Inspire 2 craft that have dual compass and IMU, this is less of a concern, due to the redundancy. I've never had a compass go bad during flight with my P4, unlike P3P/A.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20