Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. raynist

i have had my phantom for about a month now and have made 68 flights. About half of them were in beginner mode. I have turned off beginner mode but still have limits set of 50m in height and 500 horizontal. According to my logs the max speed I have achieved is 23.5 mph and that was when I initiated a return to home.

I am currently using all obstacle avoidance. Is 23.5 the max speed I can achieve in this mode, or are there other things I can turn off/change to get more speed? I probably don't need obstacle avoidance on when I am out in a big open field. Would that help the speed?

Thanks!
    Ray

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Yes -- disabling obstacle avoidance will increase the speed. For the maximum possible speed, you'll need to fly in sport mode.

3. raynist

Thanks for the reply!

Can you turn on and off obstacle avoidance mid flight or should I land, turn off the drone and then make the change?

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Yes.

5. Erised

You can change mode in flight, if I am in s mode or atti and cruising fast I will decelerate befor switching in p mode, when you switch in fast flight to p mode the bird will decelerate hard to lower it's speed and to reduce stress loading on my craft I prefer to gradually decelerate prior to switching.