Max speed in each mode?

Reaction score
i have had my phantom for about a month now and have made 68 flights. About half of them were in beginner mode. I have turned off beginner mode but still have limits set of 50m in height and 500 horizontal. According to my logs the max speed I have achieved is 23.5 mph and that was when I initiated a return to home.

I am currently using all obstacle avoidance. Is 23.5 the max speed I can achieve in this mode, or are there other things I can turn off/change to get more speed? I probably don't need obstacle avoidance on when I am out in a big open field. Would that help the speed?

Thanks!
Ray

I am currently using all obstacle avoidance. Is 23.5 the max speed I can achieve in this mode, or are there other things I can turn off/change to get more speed? I probably don't need obstacle avoidance on when I am out in a bid open field. Would that help the speed?
Yes -- disabling obstacle avoidance will increase the speed. For the maximum possible speed, you'll need to fly in sport mode.

Thanks for the reply!

Can you turn on and off obstacle avoidance mid flight or should I land, turn off the drone and then make the change?

You can change mode in flight, if I am in s mode or atti and cruising fast I will decelerate befor switching in p mode, when you switch in fast flight to p mode the bird will decelerate hard to lower it's speed and to reduce stress loading on my craft I prefer to gradually decelerate prior to switching.

I am currently using all obstacle avoidance. Is 23.5 the max speed I can achieve in this mode, or are there other things I can turn off/change to get more speed? I probably don't need obstacle avoidance on when I am out in a big open field. Would that help the speed?

Thanks!
Ray

Sorry to resurrect an oldish thread, but what are the maximum speeds for the P4 under each of the following modes? With my new P4, with obstacle avoidance on, I seem to be limited to about 17-19mph.

1. Max speed with Obstacle Avoidance ON?
  2. Max speed in P-Mode without OA?
  3. Max speed in ATTI mode?
  4. Max speed in Sport mode?
Am I missing any other modes or features that put limits on the speed (besides the hopefully coming Tripod Mode)?

Also, what are the specific setting(s) that need to be turned off in order to allow the max speed in P-Mode (without obstacle avoidance)?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Stach

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues