Max range on phantom 1.1.1.

I've only did one distance test run with my v1.1.1 (stock) with FatShark goggles (Predator v2 w/ 250mW Tx) and made it out 1500m at a height of 100m in a wide open field before I turned around after I noticed my battery getting low (was horsing around too much on the way out there!). The goggles broke up here and there, but overall, I was pretty happy that I got that distance. Once the weather gets nicer, I'll try for the 2000m mark.

As with everything, depends. DJI says 1000m. In really radio-saturated or obstructed conditions, it can be far less. Some people have gotten 1.5 to nearly 2km stock. Others have thrown a windsurfer on and get over 2km.

Bone stock, my 1.1 single antenna gets 800m to 1.2km depending on phase of the moon.

ElGuano said:
As with everything, depends. DJI says 1000m. In really radio-saturated or obstructed conditions, it can be far less. Some people have gotten 1.5 to nearly 2km stock. Others have thrown a windsurfer on and get over 2km.

Bone stock, my 1.1 single antenna gets 800m to 1.2km depending on phase of the moon.
Super noob question, but how do you know how far you've gone?

BrandenB2 said:
ElGuano said:

They buy add-ons to signal back to them how far they've gone. iOSD mini for example is one you can put on your quad.

IOsd mini is the easy way. You can also point your camera straight down and straight-line the distance in a mapping app.

BrandenB2 said:
ElGuano said:

LOL,In my case I had the wife drive down the beach a 1/2 mile and flew it to her and back.I didnt test to see if it would go further than that.

Reactions: rattydude77

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie