Max micro sd support

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully managed to get a high capacity micro sd card to work in their bird? I am expecting a 200gb sandisk

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Has anyone successfully managed to get a high capacity micro sd card to work in their bird? I am expecting a 200gb sandisk
The idea that bigger must be better seems very powerful.
The Phantom comes with a 16GB card that will hold more 4K video than you can shoot with one battery.
200GB would hold about 20 batteries worth if you want to film non-stop from start to finish every flight or more than 40000 jpg images.
That's a lot of eggs to put in one basket.
Why would you want to have that much storage on board the Phantom?
Just get a few 16 GB cards.

Reactions: bkushner
The idea that bigger must be better seems very powerful.
The Phantom comes with a 16GB card that will hold more 4K video than you can shoot with one battery.
200GB would hold about 20 batteries worth if you want to film non-stop from start to finish every flight or more than 40000 jpg images.
That's a lot of eggs to put in one basket.
Why would you want to have that much storage on board the Phantom?
Just get a few 16 GB cards.

A friend works at a local store so he got me one for less than £50!!! Made sense, but I've heard the bird won't support that size

For the price grab it and use it in another device if its no goid in the phantom.

It is overkill. He could probably gat you a 16gig for a 5er on that pricing.

Max supported size is 64gb. I'm with Meta4, I run 32gb's and have numerous. I fly with 6 batteries, I don't want to get home at the end of the day and find that that huge SD card gave up the ghost 15 minutes into the day.

Reactions: bkushner
Decided to use it to clear the 3 X 32gb ones that were full, actually worked out well as I organised everything into folders so no more random mess

To my everlasting shame, I admit that I use a...gasp...128GB SD card in mine... I know, I know, it's just sooooo much overkill... :p I'd try the 200 in it, it may work. I download all my stuff after I'm done flying for the day. I don't want to cart around a bunch of SD cards or accidentally stick a full one in there and not record a thing. I have a hard enough time remembering to turn on the camera...lol... I get the concept if you're doing something for $$, but if my $1200 drone flies away, I won't be thinking about the footage *personally*...

My biggest gripe with all of this is when you copy the files off and remove them DJI doesn't remember the number so you start back at 1. That means I have to put everything in organized subfolders where I can find things instead of one large directory called "Phantom photos and stuff"

It is hard.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl