Max Height?

:lol: Don't have many seas out there in the Panhandle of Texas. I was pretty nervous the first, and so far only time, I flew over the rim of Palo Duro Canyon (the Grand Canyon of Texas). I plan on doing a lot more canyon flying unless State Parks say otherwise.

JWarren said:
:lol: Don't have many seas out there in the Panhandle of Texas. I was pretty nervous the first, and so far only time, I flew over the rim of Palo Duro Canyon (the Grand Canyon of Texas). I plan on doing a lot more canyon flying unless State Parks say otherwise.

Only been to texas once, 5 weeks in Katy and a week in Galvaston. I'd love to see more of it.

Here is the attempt from a few hours ago.

https://vimeo.com/100071983

I reach 1000ft at about 3:20 seconds, Loss Of Signal occurs at 3:24 and Fail Safe engages at 3:27. You can see how close I am over the original starting point when the aircraft moves back over it. So I wasn't out far enough and the antenna should have been horizontal. Thank you all for your help.

J

Went to my favorite flying spot today and based on advice here I did hit and maintain 1000ft +. The video signal did get a bit jerky though. Thanks for y'all's help and hopefully the original poster got some help too.

sergekouper said:
It looks like the max height authorised is 400 feet. You shouldn't be there.

What do you mean? Are you saying we shouln't fly over 400 feet? From my interpretation of the air navigation order being that the craft is less than 1.5 or 7.5 kg (forgot which) we are exempt from pretty much all rules. One of them being the 400 feet limit. I thought the ruling was it must remain within unaided line of sight, and at 800 feet at least i can still see my copter unaided. Of course flying near buildings and people not under your control is also disallowed but i wouldn't want to do that anyway.

JWarren said:
Went to my favorite flying spot today and based on advice here I did hit and maintain 1000ft +. The video signal did get a bit jerky though. Thanks for y'all's help and hopefully the original poster got some help too.

yes got some good advice, thanks for the help guys. Also not that it matters but can someone confirm 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz functions? I know one is video and the other is control but i have heard conflicts on which is which?

I did discover when my video got a bit jerky at 1000ft what I had recorded before that got lost and the video started recording again after the "jerking" stopped. I didn't know that would happen. Also, its the very first time I've ever lost or had any sort of problem with video not being rock steady and smooth. Might have been environmental. I was flying close to a power sub-station and a large tower. Who knows. Did learn something though.

Yea the Phantom does do well flying high. I also have a Blade 350QX with a Spektrum DX6i and I can easily fly up to 2500 feet+

lucky118 said:
sergekouper said:
It looks like the max height authorised is 400 feet. You shouldn't be there.

What do you mean? Are you saying we shouln't fly over 400 feet? From my interpretation of the air navigation order being that the craft is less than 1.5 or 7.5 kg (forgot which) we are exempt from pretty much all rules. One of them being the 400 feet limit. I thought the ruling was it must remain within unaided line of sight, and at 800 feet at least i can still see my copter unaided. Of course flying near buildings and people not under your control is also disallowed but i wouldn't want to do that anyway.

It is precisely the opposite.
You are not allowed to fly higher than 400 feet with UAV such as the phantom...that includes the RC models etc, I should have another look at the weight but we are in this category.

JWarren said:
I did discover when my video got a bit jerky at 1000ft what I had recorded before that got lost and the video started recording again after the "jerking" stopped. I didn't know that would happen. Also, its the very first time I've ever lost or had any sort of problem with video not being rock steady and smooth. Might have been environmental. I was flying close to a power sub-station and a large tower. Who knows. Did learn something though.

There is a setting in the app for what to do if you lose signal (can't recall if it means control or FVP). One setting says stop recording, another says start recording, and I believe the last one says take stills. How is your's set in the app? Mine is set to record video. I don't recall what the default setting was?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20