Max distance settings with a P3S

Reaction score
Using the DGI GO APP, can some one please tell me what settings need to be tweaked along with RTH to achieve this?

Disable the "Enable Max Distance" setting in DJI GO if you'd like to remove that limitation. You'll then be able to fly until the remote controller disconnects.

DJI-GO-Maximum-Distance.jpg

ok ... (according to Android version 3.1.3 Go app)

Power up both RC and AC (best to have then powered as many of the items need to sent and registered on the AC to act without RC or App) then :

Start up Go ... tap the 3 lines icon in top right corner to open the General Settings menu.
Tap the top left icon that looks like a top view of the Phantom .. a sort of Cross ...

First you have RETURN TO HOME ALTITUDE ... most people set to about 30m to clear trees etc.

Then BEGINNER MODE - move dot left to disengage, this then removes the 30m range lock and allows you to fly as far as you want.

Then Max altitude ... your choice but as range increases - you need height .. I have mine set to max 500m

Then Distance limit - this is a warning and set of distance that is outside the beginner 30m ... so turn this off as well

That just about opens up the range for you ...

Note ... if you are flying in clear areas - then SMART RETURN HOME in the Advanced settings section is good ... but if you are flying in amongst trees - last thing you want is Smart RTH as it will initiate climb to altitude likely hitting branches etc, and crash. Better to not do RTH then - just hover or autoland.

Hope it helps ...

Nigel

hi msinger ..... which Go App is that ? Is that ios version ?

Nigel

So this setting needs to be the way it is in the pic you provided or toggled over to the right
It should be disabled. When enabled, you'll be limited to whatever max distance you set in DJI GO.

Interesting ... thanks.

This is another reason that questions should always say whether applies to Android or IOS .....

Cheers
Nigel

First you have RETURN TO HOME ALTITUDE ... most people set to about 30m to clear trees etc.

I set my RTH at 200 feet. We have a historical landmark tree on my street.... yes a tree... that is over 200 years old. It was here before this city was even a thought. It is the biggest dang thing I've ever seen. A construction worker tried to measure it (around) with a tape measure and his 25 footer wasn't enough. The owners of the house, by law, are not allowed to cut it down or even trim it. I flew over it once at 150 feet and I swear I grazed it. LOL

What I'm getting as is that you need to set it at whatever is appropriate for YOUR flying area.

I set my RTH at 200 feet. We have a historical landmark tree on my street.... yes a tree... that is over 200 years old. It was here before this city was even a thought. It is the biggest dang thing I've ever seen. A construction worker tried to measure it (around) with a tape measure and his 25 footer wasn't enough. The owners of the house, by law, are not allowed to cut it down or even trim it. I flew over it once at 150 feet and I swear I grazed it. LOL

What I'm getting as is that you need to set it at whatever is appropriate for YOUR flying area.
It wasn't until Christmas when I got my P3S that I realized that I had two monster pines on our family property that stand twice as tall as any other tree on the 60 acres. Beautiful trees. Sadly, I don't have any say so and the family has contracted a forester to cut the pine and hardwood later this year. At least I have the video memories! This shot was taken while it was drizzling rain and not very good, but one tree is on the left and the other on the right. Just masterpieces of the woods.
ScreenHunter_128 Feb. 26 18.14.jpg

A trick I found to determine height. Assuming the height is enough to see a level horizon in the distance and your camera is set to horizontal. When the object top is even with the horizon, your height is the object height. Add another 10 to 20 feet just to be sure you clear it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl