Max Distance Reached

Reaction score
Testing my Dynamic home point today. Followed my phantom in the truck down a private country road. At the 5250' mark it was like it hit a brick wall and completely stopped on a dime. Can this be removed in the software? I thought this was only for waypoints.

You can change those limits in the Phantom Assistant application. Set them to this if you want to completely remove the limits:

Attachments

• Limits.png
    Limits.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 671
Why what? Those are the limits you are asking to increase.

Why would you want these limits? I mean 5200' would be well out of line of site anyways so I'm just curious why this is the default.

It effectively turns off the limits.

If you want to hit a wall at 5200 (if you make it there), then set it to 5200.

Not no but hell no. 1200 ft is fine for me. I get nervous when I cant see it. I couldnt imagine having to wait for it to come back from that far out. I havent gotten comforatable enough to take it past 300ft. I will though. I want to get the IOC enabled first though in case I lose orientation from that location.

No the only way I did it was using dynamic home point and following it in the truck down a private dirt road so it was always in sight. It was interesting to also see my elevation go to -100 because I took off on top of a hill. I flipped rth switch and watched it climb to 200' instead of the usual 100'. All in all good learning day.

jasonnelson007 said:
No the only way I did it was using dynamic home point and following it in the truck down a private dirt road so it was always in sight. It was interesting to also see my elevation go to -100 because I took off on top of a hill. I flipped rth switch and watched it climb to 200' instead of the usual 100'. All in all good learning day.

I assume you triggered a return-to-home and I'm curious; did the Phantom follow as home point moved? If it did how fast did you need to drive in order to stay ahead? I don't expect it will work well for a follow-me as I would expect the Phantom to start to land once it got close enough.

It would be good information to know as I'm investigating implementation for a follow-me feature in my app.

To be honest I never even thought to move once rth was initiated. I'll have to try that. It just went up to 200' sat there for about 30 seconds then started decent in right down on top of me. 5200' from where I took off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20