Max Ceiling Question

reALIGNed said:
kydan said:
Yesterday I took mine higher than I ever have. It was a little spec, then I blinked, and couldn't find it obviously until I brought it back down.

Good times!

Any pics or video?

Here's a snapshot from the video. I turned Protune on so I could try post to beat out the go pro colors, but haven't had a chance yet thanks to a beautiful little 19 month old. Also I realized I had the go pro set on 1440 at 48 fps (usually do 1080p 60fps or 2.7k 24 fps i think)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-04 at 1.55.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-04 at 1.55.44 PM.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 360
kydan said:
reALIGNed said:
kydan said:
Yesterday I took mine higher than I ever have. It was a little spec, then I blinked, and couldn't find it obviously until I brought it back down.

Good times!

Any pics or video?

Here's a snapshot from the video. I turned Protune on so I could try post to beat out the go pro colors, but haven't had a chance yet thanks to a beautiful little 19 month old. Also I realized I had the go pro set on 1440 at 48 fps (usually do 1080p 60fps or 2.7k 24 fps i think)

Wow, very cool..........thanks

Very cool! I grew a pair and sent mine up to 400 ft yesterday.
Can anybody tell me what the max ceiling is for civilian use of one of these things in the USA is? I believe commercial use is 400 ft.

Thanks!

ETA: For some reason, I can never figure out how to embed YouTube videos. So here is the link:
http://youtu.be/RTAAcbH5dgM

1606876_10154188536580107_6047668155634504030_n.jpg

I also went out flying last night just before sunset. This is the highest I have gone so far (had my phantom 2 weeks now) :)
I don't know exactly how high this is, but I think it's somewhere around 200 meters. My Flytrex-core will be arriving tomorrow, so then I will be able to track the exact altitude on these high flights :D

Funny thing by the way, this video-screenshot was taken right before the Phantom lost tx-connextion :-/ I have no idea why the connection was lost, as I read that the Phantom should be able to hold a vertical connection to up to 1 kilometer (1000 meters)..

hr6u.png

GLOCKer said:
Can anybody tell me what the max ceiling is for civilian use of one of these things in the USA is? I believe commercial use is 400 ft.

There is no commercial use allowable in the USA ! Where do you get that idea from?

Yes - Hobby use is limited to 400ft.

The Editor said:
GLOCKer said:

There is no commercial use allowable in the USA ! Where do you get that idea from?

I was always under the assumption that you could use your multirotor for commercial purposes as long as you were licensed. At least that's the stance from the FAA no?

U.M.

The Editor said:
GLOCKer said:

From here:
On March 6, 2014, National Safety Transportation Board (NTSB) Law Judge Patrick Geraghty ruled that the FAA policy banning the commercial operation of unmanned aircraft (drones) is unenforceable. The ruling effectively lifts the ban on commercial operation of small unmanned drone and aircraft that meet the description of a model aircraft or helicopter.

This ruling now opens the door for departments wishing to experiment with using small unmanned drones under 400 feet to enhance patrol procedures in their jurisdictions. The FAA even admits that they have struggled to enforce their ban on small unmanned commercial aircraft. The FAA did respond to the ruling stating that they would have a formal policy in place for these aircraft by the end of the year.

GLOCKer said:
The Editor said:
GLOCKer said:

From here:
On March 6, 2014, National Safety Transportation Board (NTSB) Law Judge Patrick Geraghty ruled that the FAA policy banning the commercial operation of unmanned aircraft (drones) is unenforceable. The ruling effectively lifts the ban on commercial operation of small unmanned drone and aircraft that meet the description of a model aircraft or helicopter.

This ruling now opens the door for departments wishing to experiment with using small unmanned drones under 400 feet to enhance patrol procedures in their jurisdictions. The FAA even admits that they have struggled to enforce their ban on small unmanned commercial aircraft. The FAA did respond to the ruling stating that they would have a formal policy in place for these aircraft by the end of the year.

It's under appeal so there is no decision.

Commercial use is still not allowed !!

The Editor said:
It's under appeal so there is no decision.

Commercial use is still not allowed !!

Well bullocks!

This may sound funny coming from a cop, but I can add this to one more reason I'm for smaller government!

There is NO LAW prohibiting RC Drones from either flying above 400ft (that's merely a FAA recommendation that is not enforceable) or commercial use of a RC Drone (the FAA commercial clauses noted are for AIRCRAFT which are assigned registration tail numbers).

Please don't come on here and mislead people, if you can't post the actual US Code or State Statutes then I suggest you do some research before telling people what they can and can't do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj