Max battery life achieveable?

Reaction score
I'm wondering what kind of battery I should buy in order to get the maximum flight time with my P3A.

I saw flights lasting more than 30 minutes, and wow I'd love to know what battery can achieve that.

Two other questions guys:

1) If you change flight mode / stop using GPS and vision positioning system, will you save a lot of battery? Or maybe it's not worth the risk?

2) I saw that you shouldn't fill your battery 100% without quickly using it after. So apparently I should not store batteries that are 100% charged? What time do I have to use them before they discharge and before I wreck them?

I'm wondering what kind of battery I should buy in order to get the maximum flight time with my P3A.
I saw flights lasting more than 30 minutes, and wow I'd love to know what battery can achieve that.
Nothing can.
There's currently only one battery available for the P3 and it will give you a flight time of around 20 minutes.
1) If you change flight mode / stop using GPS and vision positioning system, will you save a lot of battery? Or maybe it's not worth the risk?
It won't make enough difference to notice.
2) I saw that you shouldn't fill your battery 100% without quickly using it after. So apparently I should not store batteries that are 100% charged? What time do I have to use them before they discharge and before I wreck them?
The batteries will auto-discharge to 50% if not used for 10 days.
You can configure the time before discharge in the app.

This is a good YouTube video about battery charging and storage
Nice, and what about discharging the battery to around 8% more often, if not each time you use it? I've chosen 15% for low battery warning, that means the battery may discharge down to 10% before I turn the bird off. Is it safe?

I've chosen 15% for low battery warning, that means the battery may discharge down to 10% before I turn the bird off. Is it safe?
That's cutting things closer than I'd be happy with.
It doesn't allow any real reserve for headwinds or unexpected issues.
And remember the last 10% is not as strong as the 1st 10%

I often hear people saying how they get 20 minutes of so flight times from their batteries. I have three batteries and I rarely get more than 16 minutes or so before I have to start thinking about landing. No idea what (if anything) I'm doing wrong.

I often hear people saying how they get 20 minutes of so flight times from their batteries. I have three batteries and I rarely get more than 16 minutes or so before I have to start thinking about landing. No idea what (if anything) I'm doing wrong.
15 minutes from take off to landing is maximum to maintain battery integrity...start running the battery below 20 percent consistently and it won't be long before the battery starts to degrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1