Max Altitude

Reaction score
Completely new to this. If I have my max altitude set to 100m, how does the drone react if I fly over a cliff and suddenly it is 200m or 300m high? Will it return to home or ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: jointeffort
alt is measure from where you took off.

If you take off, ascend 10m, and fly straight over a cliff, your altitude will still be 10m. If you descend 20m, your altitude will then be -10m. Your Phantom doesn't know where the ground is located. It assumes 0m is at the altitude of the home point.

Anybody got any experience offroading?
I have a 2 passenger plaris rzr (dune buggy) and to go riding in the sand dunes but how will phantom react to ups and downs while in follow me, and most important, how does it react when am taking of ontop of a hill then landing it somewhere much lower.
Will it try to readjust the original take off altitude or will it display negative altitude. Anyone knw?

Reactions: RZR_Jim
I have a 2 passenger plaris rzr (dune buggy) and to go riding in the sand dunes but how will phantom react to ups and downs while in follow me, and most important, how does it react when am taking of ontop of a hill then landing it somewhere much lower.
Will it try to readjust the original take off altitude or will it display negative altitude. Anyone knw?
I would suggest you get an app called Autopilot, it will let you have more control over a follow me style video. Also if you take off from a mountain and ascend to the valley below it will display a negative altitude.

You mean Polaris RZR like my avatar? I ride in the mountains so I may try to set up follow me in an open area while climbing switchbacks.

The dunes will be more challenging (quick altitude change in a short distance). I think you have to set initial altitude higher than the dune your climbing and if starting at the top, the drone will remain at it's initial altitude as you descend in your RZR. Still think it's going to look cool. Do you happen to be a member of the RZR Forum?

You mean Polaris RZR like my avatar? I ride in the mountains so I may try to set up follow me in an open area while climbing switchbacks.

The dunes will be more challenging (quick altitude change in a short distance). I think you have to set initial altitude higher than the dune your climbing and if starting at the top, the drone will remain at it's initial altitude as you descend in your RZR. Still think it's going to look cool. Do you happen to be a member of the RZR Forum?
Haha yeah barely noticed i typed it wrong.
Coo i defenetly got to try it. I am actually not yet part

Completely new to this. If I have my max altitude set to 100m, how does the drone react if I fly over a cliff and suddenly it is 200m or 300m high? Will it return to home or ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'm new to this too
Can anyone advise on how to maintain an altitude (say 10 mtrs) while flying down a hill
Thanks
Phill

I'm new to this too
Can anyone advise on how to maintain an altitude (say 10 mtrs) while flying down a hill
Thanks
Phill
As far as i know you canot maintain an automatic height.
You got a state of the art ap bro just keep an eye out at your altitude shouldnt be to hard

There is no way to automatically fly a route like this. You'll have to manually increase/decrease the altitude.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj