Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Max altitude warning?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Beacon121, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Beacon121

I live aprox 1500 feet from the Washington Nationals Spring training complex which also houses minor league teams all year round, I have flown over, around and even dipped down into the stadium while no one was there ( I am friends with front office employees and got the ok) but last night I was buzzing around during a game and couldnt get closer than 300-400 feet to the stadium or higher than 400 ft high without getting the "max altitude " message with a X over a pic of an airplane on my screen. I guess my question is, does the GPS know about temp FAA no fly zones?

2. ATOMSK

That would be really helpful if it did! I don't know the answer.

3. Beacon121

I was 900-1000 over my house which like I said is only 1500ft away ....strange!

4. Panamon Creel

nope it doesn't know anything that is "temporary"

5. rrmccabe

Could this be from changing your range setting inside the phantom software?

6. Beacon121

Nothing was changed, in fact, when I went in the opposite direction I was able to keep wifi at 1800ft away and 600-700ft up with no issue other than the bat started getting low so I came home. Only around the stadium was it giving me issues. O well...

7. ATOMSK

wouldn't it be cool if there were a visual type display like augmented reality to identify no-fly zones?!!

Like in Oblivion
    [​IMG]

8. smaugnaut

Good heartedly it would be cool but you know **** well these anti Phantom people will abuse no fly zones and the gov would probably grant them to anyone who asks.

9. ATOMSK

I'm just dying for Augmented Reality somewhere in my life. 3 of my friends have Google Glass, and I got the invite, but instead of spending that money ($1500) on something that isn't ready yet, I'm putting it towards Family stuff and phantom items.
    My 3 friends don't really use their Glass either.

10. robinb

There is an undocumented feature of the software is if the satellite reception drops below 6 you CANNOT fly higher than 120 meters or 400 feet.

You will also get an aircraft symbol with a cross though it on you connected device.

and no it does not know about temp no fly zones.