Max altitude idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ik max altitude discussions have been demonised with why and lower is better etc but some of us want to view the sun in its beauty rising above the clouds... I mean what a shot right? I'm talking about a place out of reach from flight paths etc.
Here's my idea! The bird uses the barometer in atti mode right? Well I am thinking a hood over the barometer sensor to trick the bird in to thinking it's at a lower altitude thus it wouldn't know it's altitude. I wonder if the bird would refuse to fly or could a controlled pressure release make it think it was stable.
Where there's a will there's a way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine does whatever I tell it without any argument, and I have not modded anything!

Attachments

• Howhigh.jpg
    Howhigh.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 417
I do not remember turning on or off any altitude anything. It just goes up if I push the stick up.
I plead ignorance.

It's nothing special as the Phantom will flight 1640 feet above the take off point.

You can't "cover up" a sensor that measures pressure.

You can't fly higher than 500 meters above the take off point. Been discussed _to death_.

You also won't be flying any place planes are not allowed to fly... so you _can_ be in a flight path at all times. Period.

It's nothing special as the Phantom will flight 1640 feet above the take off point.

You can't "cover up" a sensor that measures pressure.

You can't fly higher than 500 meters above the take off point. Been discussed _to death_.

You also won't be flying any place planes are not allowed to fly... so you _can_ be in a flight path at all times. Period.
Thanks for such an interesting and negative response.Positivity is what we need, an obstacle is a challenge to overcome so don't bother posting unless is beneficial. It WILL BE DONE for sure. They said phones and computer security couldn't be compromised and someone with a brain and a keyboard reverse engineered the code and did It and still are doing it.
Like it or not it will be done one day for sure!

Sent from my P00A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for such an interesting and negative response.Positivity is what we need, an obstacle is a challenge to overcome so don't bother posting unless is beneficial. It WILL BE DONE for sure. They said phones and computer security couldn't be compromised and someone with a brain and a keyboard reverse engineered the code and did It and still are doing it.
500M (1640 feet) won't be broken, it literally has been discussed to death. Go build your own drone if you want to go higher.

Sent from my P00A using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hey Sparky. There are guys who get things done and break the rules and everybody wants to hang around them, and then there are the hall monitors. I offered to help somebody with a battery problem the other day and these P***ys jumped all over me for some reason. BTW I have a bike that will break all the speed limits in FIRST gear, I wonder what they think about that. These "rules' guys are the guys you and I used to beat up in high school.

Hey Sparky. There are guys who get things done and break the rules and everybody wants to hang around them, and then there are the hall monitors. I offered to help somebody with a battery problem the other day and these P***ys jumped all over me for some reason. BTW I have a bike that will break all the speed limits in FIRST gear, I wonder what they think about that. These "rules' guys are the guys you and I used to beat up in high school.
Nicely said pal!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

OK. Next person to use foul language or inappropriate behavior will get a temporary ban. Please read the community guidelines if you have any doubt about what is considered unacceptable behavior. If you have nothing constructive to say and/or you can't say it without being insulting, you'd best keep it to yourself.

As for your Phantom, you can't fly it above 500M. It's that simple. You can tape up the barometer if you like. You'll have a very long and interesting flight. Be sure to kiss your Phantom goodbye before you do as you probably won't be seeing it again.

Thanks for such an interesting and negative response. Positivity is what we need, an obstacle is a challenge to overcome so don't bother posting unless is beneficial. It WILL BE DONE for sure. They said phones and computer security couldn't be compromised and someone with a brain and a keyboard reverse engineered the code and did It and still are doing it.

Can you let me know who said phones and computer security could not be compromised?

You asked if covering up the barometer would allow you to circumvent the limitation. I stated, no. I pointed out that _everyone_ can fly up to 1640 with current firmware, no trick needed. I pointed out that there is no "trick" that will allow for this. Of course I'm speaking of now. If you want to wait for something to change this, please feel free. If you are asking _if_ and/or _when_ this will be done.... how can anyone comment on that?

I pointed out that you can never be "out of a flight path". This is simply, correct.

Because you don't like these answers does not mean I'm being negative. If you feel it will be done, then simply wait. Problem solved.

Reactions: N017RW
Spark: YouTube is F U L L of videos of DJI PHANTOM videos at 11000, 12000, 15000 feet.

Yeah Thousand.

Is that more than 500 meters? My math is a little rusty on meters to feet.

Just type in Phantom extreme altitude and gloat. Shhhhh.

Reactions: sparky1111
Spark: YouTube is F U L L of videos of DJI PHANTOM videos at 11000, 12000, 15000 feet.

Yeah Thousand.

Is that more than 500 meters? My math is a little rusty on meters to feet.

Just type in Phantom extreme altitude and gloat. Shhhhh.
Post one that was shot at more than 500M above ground level.

Look it up, it is easy. BTW why? These things don't even have spark plugs
I have, the one video that looks like it went crazy high in Turkey was not a P4 or P3 even though the video title says P4. Possibly a P2 back in the day could have been modified but those days are long gone.

So put up man, show a video link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic