Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First-time poster and new (received November 30th) Phantom 4 Pro owner here. Several days ago, I experienced some unexpected behavior from the drone when I attempted to RTH, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me figure out what happened so I can prevent it from happening again.

In the attached picture, you'll see that I initiated RTH 16:29 into the flight. At this time I was at about 393 feet. My max altitude was set to 400. Why did the drone then ascend to 734 feet? I don't remember what I had my RTH height set to, but I'm pretty sure that it was 250-300 feet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 20161202184205.png
    20161202184205.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 573
Which model ? There is another thread talking about this problem...

@Meta4 , you may want to roll this into the other thread.
Thanks,
Eddie

I could be wrong, and I do not have a P4P, but I recall that with the P3 series the RTH altitude is set up for meters, not feet. So 734 feet would be the same as 224 meters (approx). Why don't you check your setting and see if that is the problem.

Either it's a bug [emoji220] or a meter to feet conversion issue. As it has been reported by few more in another thread, it's worth probing. Unfortunately many of us do not have P4P [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's a bug. I am sure to pay attention to units of measurement whenever I change any settings in the app

This is no bueno. If you have an RTH on low battery, your Phantom may exhaust itself by ascending on the way home. It sounds like an easy fix for DJI so hopefully a quick FW update will address it. Be careful with RTH until then.

Reactions: RGsuv9uw
This is no bueno. If you have an RTH on low battery, your Phantom may exhaust itself by ascending on the way home. It sounds like an easy fix for DJI so hopefully a quick FW update will address it. Be careful with RTH until then.

I intend to just fly home manually until a solution is made available by DJI.

It is not simply a matter of an incorrect RTH max altitude setting, when the problem occurs the max RTH setting seems to be ignored.

Reactions: RGsuv9uw
Could somebody with this problem please post his logfile.txt here, specially the recorded values for the throttle stick while ascending in RTH Mode?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I have a Problem with my Phantom 4 descending during RTH and crashing into a tree.
DJI says i commanded it to descent during RTH into the tree by holding down the stick the whole time and it is a operator fault. The only thing i did constantly was trying to abort RTH.

But i had no connection and would never hold down the stick the whole time....... Why should i do this?

Thanks in advance for somebody supporting me with his flight log to check.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen