Mavic vs P4 on photo quality

I want a higher MP sensor for several reasons, one of them being the headroom it provides for a crop.

More pixels??
My Nikon D4s has "only" an 16,2MP sensor while its sensor is many, many times bigger.

I like to have better pixels even a little bit less instead of more. In a 1/2.3 sensor more pixels means lesser quality.
Oké, more pixels means further cropping but with high quality pixels as found in the D4s you can do much more deeper quality editing.

Reactions: Butterpuff 6
There are a lot of components to the best image sharpness. Sensor size and technology, sensor resolution, lens optics, etc. I think we are very close to start seeing 1'' or even 4/3 sensors on drones very soon. 4/3 to me would be the perfect compromise between image quality and compactness, and being so popular with many cameras, there would be plenty of lens to chose from that are still light enough to put on drone, yet good enough for truly stunning images.
With drones becoming lighter and motors more powerful, the payload of drones in the very near future would allow to easily accommodate retractable gimble with interchangeable micro 4/3 lens and sensor. That'd be a day!

Reactions: jephoto and RPP

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4