Mavic vs. p3p combo

Reaction score
Okay guys don't go crazy hear me out first! So I am extremely new to the (owning) a drone world, my girlfriends dad had cheap hobby drone that got me hooked. I saved up for a while and did some research about what drone to buy. I concedered the mavic pro with remote. But for almost 200 USD cheaper I got a combo deal for a new p3p, this is what I got :a p3p, 3 batteries, a battery hub charger, ND-filters, a hard case, a hard shell back pack. 2 sets of 4 carbon fiber propellers. Baterry charger car. 2 16 gig mini sd cards, range extenders, sun shield. And then the normal extras remote ect oh and a card reader... Just thought maybe I would pit these two deals together? I fell inlove P3P some time ago, in my mind it's a classic... I understand it's outdated when pitted against the mavic pro in almost every aspect. yet I still feel like I got allot for my buck. And I feel so honored to own one. So is this an avenue people wanting to buy their first drone should concider? Happy hovering!

Nothing wrong with a P3P. Nothing! The Mavic is just the Latest and greatest. You will enjoy the P3P for a long time to come and with the package you got (Mine was similar) you can enjoy it more without waiting and costs.

Reactions: flyboy73 and IGear
I have had the P3P since last December. I have had 153 flights so far and a heck of a lot of fun, great videos, and fantastic photos. While the Mavic seems like an awesome machine, I don't see how it would do much better than the P3P in many areas. As has been pointed out here before many times, I'd stay away from those carbon fiber props. Not only would they void your warrantee, but there is no guarantee they will work as well as the original. The DJI props should last you for hundreds of flights with no risk. Enjoy your P3P, it is far better than many drones on the market today.

I love my P3p.. the only downer is the shell problem. That's a nice deal.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Nobody really knows what causes the shell to crack. The current shell design has proven to hold up better than the original design. While it still happens sometimes, it's not as common anymore.

I had the new shell and it cracked 3 weeks after I got it. I do fly a lot and I do fly autonomous flights. So I use my AC but I don't jerk it around and I haven't ever hit anything or had a hard landing. I hand catch. So after the second shell I'm out. I love the AC but I don't like waiting for the next time I have to send it in. I bought a Mavic and may purchase a used P4 as a backup.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So after a couple of flight hours I finally got my cracks, super glue and baking soda - cable ties. I did fly it hard and still do. Everything seems to have calmed down after this quick fix modification. She gets the job done. Have you recieved your mavic yet how does it compare?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a new P3p and a Mavic. The biggest thing I see after flying them both is there is a bit of a learning curve with the Mavic on focusing but.. when you nail the focus the Mavic is sharper and better.

Flight characteristics - Mavic faster, more stable and the hover is tripod like. Mavic is lighter can fight the wind but the P3 seems to behave better in the wind. It seems like the P3 doesn't jump around as much when it's windy. The Mavic is just as capable but if you are filming you will have less problems with the P3 in windy situation (20+). Wind can cause microvibrations with the Mavic. I don't see the microvibrations at all with the P3. That said other then really windy situations Mavic is better. I will also say. I take the Mavic everywhere I go. Everywhere... I have flown the Phantom 1 time in the last month. The portability is just amazing.

I've been reading allot about focusing being a thing. Thanks for the comparisons text. I fall in love with my drone everyday. I'm glad your having so much fun with the mavic.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic