mavic V p3p

Reaction score
these are the thoughts from my flying buddy who has a p3p and mavic

mavic
But it’s weakness is wind. Because it’s small it has weak penetration into wind. I was shooting a barn this week and the wind was about 10mph. Lower down, up to about 20m I could get around ok but slow into wind, but then I went up to 70m - virtually couldn’t make headway at all - right stick up to the roof - barely making progress forward and at one stage, looking at the screen, no forward progress at all..! Now, my P3P would have just eaten that wind speed as if it wasn’t there.

So, I’m happy . For low stuff, low wind speeds, tight spaces (loads of warning aids for objects, side, down and forward), the Mavic is well suited. But it wont replace my P3P.

these are the thoughts from my flying buddy who has a p3p and mavic

mavic
But it’s weakness is wind. Because it’s small it has weak penetration into wind. I was shooting a barn this week and the wind was about 10mph. Lower down, up to about 20m I could get around ok but slow into wind, but then I went up to 70m - virtually couldn’t make headway at all - right stick up to the roof - barely making progress forward and at one stage, looking at the screen, no forward progress at all..! Now, my P3P would have just eaten that wind speed as if it wasn’t there.

So, I’m happy . For low stuff, low wind speeds, tight spaces (loads of warning aids for objects, side, down and forward), the Mavic is well suited. But it wont replace my P3P.
The Mavic has no side warning and in sport mode will be better than my p3a into the wind

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen