Mavic Release Discussion

Well I'm really digging this. I'll wait for the first reviews to come in but it looks like it's going to be added to my fleet.

Reactions: Tc3jg and auen1
raw

Hear me now, remember me later - "Pen-Pineapple Apple-Pen"

Reactions: auen1
P3&p4 is flooding the classified!!! As for me I like my p3 going to keep it! As back up and long range platform.let the Mavic times roll.hope we can do antenna mod and batt mod!

b and h is awesome friend just ordered his and shipping was taking off at checkout from amazon

Amazon doesn't sell it directly yet. Comes from some Hobby Store I know nothing about without free shipping. Prefer to order from DJI.

Mine is being fulfilled by the DJI Online store, but I can't find Mavic on their storefront. They may have sold out.

Attachments

• Your_Orders.png
    Your_Orders.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 395
Love this comment. I just stumbled on this release a couple hours ago and about crapped my pants! I'm already about to hint to my wife, good thing I make a little movie making money on the side to absorb some of the cost.

Sadly, I just got the Phantom Pro 3 in December 2015 and doubt I have more than an hour on it.

Eric

On another board, comments (generally all favorable) are flying fast and furious. There's speculation that Karma might be DOA. No one (certainly not me) saw any of this coming. If the Mavic does what it says it'll, do, then for the price point, all I can say is OMG! And if I wanted to guarantee a divorce, I'd let my wife know what I was thinking right now,.

The Amazon page is defaulting to some other online store because they state it will be instock on the 3rd. Just click to buy from other sellers and DJI is there.

Been lurking and planning to buy a P4 in Oct. First real quad, not new to flying. Had to sign up here just to say.....wow. Talk about shaking my plans. I'm curious as the rest on wind stability.

Dang, and I just bought a tablet just for the P4. Maybe an update will roll out new features for the Phantom making it justifiable.

Hello pilots.:)

Doesn't look like there's much to grab on to but I do catch my Phantom 3 Pro hand all the time.

in the promo vid, they catch/release by hand. doesnt look safe since the blad is so close to the hand now. but looks doable.

who is iJustine and how did she get 1 before anyone else?
yes, im jealous! :(
One of those 'lifecasters' (if you're old enough on the internet, you might know JennyCam, one of the original ones) who broadcasts her daily doings to YouTube folk.

It's just marketing. Instead of putting these in the hands of mainstream athletes and actors like companies traditionally do, DJI is going the social media route.

Reactions: Tc3jg
There is going to be a lot of P3P4 in the classifieds.

I JUST sold my P2V+ on eBay on Sunday! I hadn't even heard of the Mavic.....I saw the Karma, and I just knew I wanted something newer and smaller. I set out this morning to see my options for a new drone, saw a reference to the Mavic, and now I've got one on order.

Had to pull the trigger on Amazon.
  • Estimated delivery: Oct. 18, 2016 - Oct. 26, 2016
Much better than the mid-November date they had an hour ago.

I ordered one from Amazon at 10:30am (PST) and got a delivery date of "10/26-11/2." I saw others ordering 45 minutes later were getting the "10/18-10/26" date, so I ordered another one from Amazon. Dure enough, I got the earlier date the second time. I'll cancel whichever one doesn't ship first.

Doesn't look like there's much to grab on to but I do catch my Phantom 3 Pro hand all the time.
You are correct, no hand catching here, however, once the home point is set the Mavic also takes a picture of the landing spot. When you return to home it compares the photo with the current location. According to the specs it allows for 1cm accuracy. When I was landing it would pause about 6-9" about the ground and then gently land. Pretty impressive.

Reactions: FT in Japan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1