Mavic Release Discussion

Haven't seen the announcement yet, just reading the posts! Does look/sound great! What's this with the controller, does the £999 tag come with a controller or not? Or does the controller need an iPhone to operate?

Looks to me like it comes with a remote:
medium_342cb3d1-41f9-4227-b8db-fb7f1feff67b.jpg

It's fairly lightweight

I wonder how it is going to handle winds?.

Last Sunday I was flying my P3P on 10/12 MPH gust winds, she handled it like a trooper. wonder how stable the Mavic really is?.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wondering if any of you pro's noticed the tilted horizon in some of the shots. One of the ending sequences seems to be the most obvious but I 'think' it's there in other portions as well

Good catch :)

They all have some gimbal tilt now and then. You'd think this would be something that could be fixed.

I love it and it's exactly what I want in a drone, namely better portability with a good camera. With that said, I'm too invested in my P3A for me to switch over. It's only 4 months old, I have 4 extra batteries, a pelican hard case, and a DJI backpack. Not to mention a dedicated iPad. Since I travel a lot I would love to have the Mavic as it would be much easier in airports and exotic locations. Unless I could sell my drone with all the accessories I don't see that the Mavic will be in my future any time soon.

Okay, I've just became an early adopter! I too couldn't get their website to work, so I purchased from DJI using Amazon website. $1299 includes controller, two extra batteries (not sure if that makes 3 total), two extra props, (photo shows 4?), 2 charging hub, car charger, battery to powerbank adaptor, and shoulder bag.

Hope there aren't toooooo many problems with the first build!

My understanding is that you can control it from a phone/pad for short distances, primarily for quick shots. I guess it must be wifi or Bluetooth capable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pharm
I love it and it's exactly what I want in a drone, namely better portability with a good camera. With that said, I'm too invested in my P3A for me to switch over. It's only 4 months old, I have 4 extra batteries, a pelican hard case, and a DJI backpack. Not to mention a dedicated iPad. Since I travel a lot I would love to have the Mavic as it would be much easier in airports and exotic locations. Unless I could sell my drone with all the accessories I don't see that the Mavic will be in my future any time soon.
sell it should be able to get at least $600

I have a feeling on the Phantom series you get much more camera control and that rotating shots will be easier

Mavic camera field of view is smaller than phantoms. 94 to 78

I wanna think its too soon to put the Phantom to rest but hard not to think that way. It does look amazing. I don't see a controller pictured anywhere for purchase with the unit though.

They'll be selling three versions..

For $749 you get the drone that you fly with your smart phone.
For $999 you get the drone and the controller. (It still can be flown by a smart phone alone if you wish).
For $1299 you get the drone, the controller a spare battery and a case.

Reactions: scootrkitz
engadget has the hands on: DJI's Mavic Pro takes on GoPro's Karma with smart features
seems this thing has lighbridge if the range is around 4miles! holy cow.
so whats the advantage over the phantom 4?
size, independent camera control although I don't really see a need for it.

I wonder if the litchi app will work with it?
If I could lay a futures bet on it, I would put every dollar I have. Unless it's not open like all of DJI's stuff to date, why wouldn't it be?

I have a feeling on the Phantom series you get much more camera control and that rotating shots will be easier
no new one can slow down controls for better shot

I think the Phantom line is still the workhorse for me. I do pretty complicated waypoint missions and I think using a smartphone screen would kill it for me. I've really become accustomed to using an iPad Air. I wouldn't even want to use my iPhone 6s Plus compared to an iPad.

Certainly nothing that would make me want to preorder one. If anything, it makes me look even more forward to the next Phantom/Inspire since all the software/range features will be there and probably at a lower cost than the current models.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20