Mavic purchase

Reaction score
I'm in Australia and looking into purchasing a Mavic Pro. Does anyone know anywhere in the US I would be able to purchase from that would post to Australia?
Reason being, we seemed to get slammed for tech prices down here. Looking at the Mavic pro in the bundle, once the USD is converted to AUD, the price is the same as just the Mavic pro here.

I'm sure other Australian buyers may also be very interested in doing so, to save a few hundred $

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Try B&H Photo in New York city. Their service is great with a 30 day return policy.

I am looking at purchasing a Mavic Pro from 'Flying-Hobby' in Hong Kong, they say that they are authorised DJI dealer.
They are the standard $999 USD, but even once postage and the dollar is converted it ends up being just over $300 saving on the price here in Australia.
Does anyone know about the warranty that would come with buying a drone from a different country? I have emailed and asked them, they say that it comes with DJI warranty. If i am to purchase and need to do a warranty claim, would DJI here in Australia warrant it? Or would they decline the warranty because it was purchased in a different country?
The warranty is possibly international? Maybe a DJI dealer on here would be able to clarify?

Has anyone dealt with Flying-Hobby in Honk Kong?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Over $1k AUD and you run the risk of GST being added to the full price (including freight) on the importation.

B&H will charge and collect the tax at their end.

You need to find someone who will buy it for you and send (private shipment) as a gift.

You could wait until digital cameras direct or one of the other HK based grey market sellers have it in stock. They pull everything out of the box and repack it to look like it is used or a repaired item being returned and lie on the customs declaration to help you cheat the system.

With our dollar being as it currently is against the USD you really don't save a lot when you include freight and taxes. And you have warranty issued potentially also requiring you to ship back to where you bought it.

It can be worth the hassle though.

After speaking with DJI customer service, they do not offer international warranty, and from the sounds of it if you have a problem with a product purchased from O/S it needs to be returned to that seller.
This was enough for me to purchase locally, as warranty an a $1700 investment is something I value.
Here's hoping for a mid October arrival;)

Why not buy direct from DJI? They advertise "tax included"
I bought my P3A direct and paid no tax.
Maybe AU is different than Canada. Ask around.

Why not buy direct from DJI? They advertise "tax included"
I bought my P3A direct and paid no tax.
Maybe AU is different than Canada. Ask around.
DJI pricing is region dependent. If I use a VPN from AU the US pricing is good (even with the conversion). If you want it shipped to AU you get a special price that matches the local dealers here.

The HK grey market drop shippers who lie and cheat on the customs doco have the best prices but warranty issues are a nightmare.

DJI pricing is region dependent. If I use a VPN from AU the US pricing is good (even with the conversion). If you want it shipped to AU you get a special price that matches the local dealers here.

The HK grey market drop shippers who lie and cheat on the customs doco have the best prices but warranty issues are a nightmare.

I see what you are saying. When I check from Canada it shows me US price. $1000. Canadian and Australian Dollars are close and that should work out to $1300 and a bit. When I set my VPN to Melbourne it shows $1699.

Just out of interest. When I shut down the VPN DJI still showed me the AU price. I had to delete all DJI cookies to get back to normal.

We also have GST here. (13%) But it must have been built into the price as I paid the US converted to CND. No other charges. (for the P3a)

There are lots of grey importers out there who somehow get around the duty problem.
When it becomes an off the shelf item will look again (and the first round of bugs ironed out).

I'd be extremely careful buying a 'grey import' DJI anything to be honest. Your warranty will almost certainty be voided.
eBay often have 10-20% off sales for selected online retail stores - sometimes you'll be able to get a DJI product under the sale. Other times eBay have 10-15% off site wide and all items.
I believe that these sales will come up just before and after Christmas if you can hold out.
There are also seller's on eBay that are selling the Mavic (pre-order) cheaper then the $1699 retail price - and they are authorised DJI dealers.

I'd be extremely careful buying a 'grey import' DJI anything to be honest. Your warranty will almost certainty be voided.
eBay often have 10-20% off sales for selected online retail stores - sometimes you'll be able to get a DJI product under the sale. Other times eBay have 10-15% off site wide and all items.
I believe that these sales will come up just before and after Christmas if you can hold out.
There are also seller's on eBay that are selling the Mavic (pre-order) cheaper then the $1699 retail price - and they are authorised DJI dealers.

Link to these authorised sellers on eBay?

I think i'll buy from the Apple store or Johnny Appleseed's as the price is no different from anyone else and it will save any issues with warranty claims.

I think i'll buy from the Apple store or Johnny Appleseed's as the price is no different from anyone else and it will save any issues with warranty claims.

The link I posted earlier today is $60 cheaper then the Apple Store. I don't blame you though, I was going to go through Apple as I can imagine any warranty claims or the 14 day return policy would be an easy, hassle free process.
Only thing I have heard is that Apple aren't shipping until 7/11, (rumour only.)
The Apple site does say ships November, so could be correct.

I'm just too impatient!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20