Mavic pro crash

Reaction score
I opened my new Mavic pro and charged the battery. I read the instructions (or so i thought i did). I calibrated the compass and heard the home point has been updated message i think it said.
I dont understand when i threw it up in the air like ive seen on tv why it didnt start up automatically and start hovering. Instead it just dropped!!
Should i go back to the merchant and demand a refund?
I have seen other drone users throw it up and it starts. I was wondering if the battery came loose or the propellors were jammed.
Gutted.

Oh good grief.:rolleyes: Would you do the same when learning to drive a car if you see what I mean?

Sorry, but its your own fault. Don't try to return it to the seller because you will get laughed at for being a total dork.

Find someone near you with a Mavic and get advice / lessons from them.

Read the instructions so that you understand them - and do that twice. Take things slowly and carefully and then - if your lucky - you might be able to get airborne in a few weeks.

You have made the great mistake of falling for the 'take it out of the box and fly it'.

NOT THE CASE.;)

I opened my new Mavic pro and charged the battery. I read the instructions (or so i thought i did). I calibrated the compass and heard the home point has been updated message i think it said.
I dont understand when i threw it up in the air like ive seen on tv why it didnt start up automatically and start hovering. Instead it just dropped!!
Should i go back to the merchant and demand a refund?
I have seen other drone users throw it up and it starts. I was wondering if the battery came loose or the propellors were jammed.
Gutted.

You must be joking? You throw a thousand dollars drone in the air and expect to start and hover? I don't know if I am drunk but that's is crazy.

Oh good grief.:rolleyes:

Sorry, but its your own fault. Don't try to return it to the seller because you will get laughed at for being a total dork.

Find someone near you with a Mavic and get advice / lessons from them.

Read the instructions so that you understand them - and do that twice. Take things slowly and carefully and then - if your lucky - you might be able to get airborne in a few weeks.

You have made the great mistake of falling for the 'take it out of the box and fly it'.

NOT THE CASE.;)
I dont read instructions, i just wanted to fly.

A word of advice then.

RTFI otherwise there is no hope.

If I were you I would put it back in the box and put it in a cupboard until you change your attitude.
Im just upset and have not got a bad atitude.
I'm sorry if i came across like that. I saved hard for this.
:(
Thanks for your help anyhow.

Im just upset and have not got a bad atitude.
I'm sorry if i came across like that. I saved hard for this.
:(
Thanks for your help anyhow.

Sorry son, you DO have a bad attitude in the way you approached the problem in this case, but not all your own fault. You got suckered into your present predicament by believing others falsely.

Everything in life has to be thought about, some things moreso than others and the Mavic and females fall into the 'moreso' category. :);)

Are we being trolled here, or is this for real? :rolleyes::eek:

If it's for real we're back to the old saying....."..the Mavic may be ready to fly out of the box, but that doesn't apply to the pilot" ;)

There probably won't be one, considering it didn't actually fly. But as others have said, RTFIs &then RTFIs again and when you've done that RTFIs again.

Reactions: Noooobie
Im trying to view the flight log. Any help on how i could view this?

Its quite involved but you will have to read some instructions.

Go to the magnifying glass at the top right and tap in 'view flight log' or similar.

That's the best way of finding the info you seek but I'm afraid Alan is right.

Best of luck.

Over and out

Hi noooobie

Did you perhaps think that you had bought a LILY, a drone that appeared a lot on the internet, but never actually went into manufacture, and the crowd funders got thier money back.

There was a video showing a guy throw this into the air and then set off on his snow board, here is a link:-

Throw This Camera Drone in the Air and It Flies Itself

Like everyone else says, never use the instruction book for a complicated device as a LAST resort, read it understand it then carefully try it.

Waylander

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers