Mavic/phantom

Reaction score
  • Hi, I fly an f450 and a little 250 racer built by me but I've had an itch for a while to go phantom and now the mavic has come out my finger keeps hovering over the buy button. My main question is are the phantoms as easy to fly as people say? Do they basically look after themselves in the air to a degree? leaving more time for video etc? My f450 is quite weighty with a gimbal etc and can be a handful to fly.......
    Many thanks

I've flown for twelve years and got my phantom three months ago. It's so easy to fly I can trust most people and first timers with it. Loose GPS and fly in ATTI and it's still easy but takes finesse to hold it in place.

Reactions: Buzz_uk
That's more or less exactly what I wanted to hear, watching videos they look very controllable but wanted to hear from somebody that knows Thank you

Even a beginner can fly a phantom just after reading manuals and watching videos. So easy. In case of a doubt, leave sticks, it hovers. If you lose directions, press RTH button, it comes back happily to you. What else do you expect?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My 450 has rtl etc, letting go of sticks etc is the sort of information I was after..... if I let go of my 450's sticks someone would most likely end up in hospital

When you let go of the sticks while flying a Phantom/Mavic, it'll just hover in place. The only time that's not true is if flying in ATTI mode. In ATTI mode, your aircraft will still hover, but it'll be pushed along with the wind since GPS is not being used to maintain its location.

Reactions: Buzz_uk
When you let go of the sticks while flying a Phantom/Mavic, it'll just hover in place. The only time that's not true is if flying in ATTI mode. In ATTI mode, your aircraft will still hover, but it'll be pushed along with the wind since GPS is not being used to maintain its location.

That's true but a beginner starts with GPS mode which is the easiest and fully controlled mode to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a racer for fun and all kinds of GPS modes on my 450 so I'd never take the mavic out of GPS..... I just want a really nice stable, easy to use camera ship, no fuss

So flying a mavic would be a bit like my apm based craft flying in loiter, I.e no input from the sticks it would basically stop

I've wanted a proper dji for a while since building mine so the release couldn't have come at a better time. After just one day i'm liking the community too

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1