mavic ipad mini

An iPad Mini will not fit (it's too wide).

It will technically connect via a Lightning cable though. So, you could do something like mount it on a tripod with a longer Lightning cable.

it will work with samsung S 5
Yes. Or, you could use any other device that fits within the following specs:

Thickness: 6.5-8.5 mm
Max length: 160 mm

Reactions: dix1307
Yes. Or, you could use any other device that fits within the following specs:

Thickness: 6.5-8.5 mm
Max length: 160 mm
Well crap, I'll have to take my Note 5 out of the case, it's barely too thick :/

Perhaps a job for a 3D printed mod :)

Perhaps a job for a 3D printed mod :)
Time to fire up the 3D scanner and printer.... well after the Mavic arrives that is LOL.

Whomever comes up with a mounting solution for Mavic controller + iPad Mini, I want one!! I really don't want to use Autopilot on a phone.

Reactions: FunN4lo
Whomever comes up with a mounting solution for Mavic controller + iPad Mini, I want one!! I really don't want to use Autopilot on a phone.

I am with you. I am also trying to figure out how a sunshade would work in that combo. I can't see my Mini while flying in full sun without a shade

Reactions: codysims
I was told by DJI pre-sales online chat support today that no iPad is compatible with the Mavic. See my "Compatible IOS/Android Devices" post.

I was told by DJI pre-sales online chat support today that no iPad is compatible with the Mavic.
It's compatible with DJI GO (if you mean the iPad Mini/Air/Pro). The only problem is that it won't fit into the bottom of the Mavic remote controller.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
It's compatible with DJI GO (if you mean the iPad Mini/Air/Pro). The only problem is that it won't fit into the bottom of the Mavic remote controller.

Here is the complete list of compatible devices given to me today by DJI pre-sales online chat support. Two different CSR's specifically told me "NO iPads":
iOS Version v2.9.2.Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus. iphone 7

Android Version v2.9.1.Requires Android 4.4 or later. Compatible with Samsung S5, Samsung S6, Samsung S7, Samsung NOTE5,Samsung NOTE7,Samsung Galaxy A5, Huawei P9, Mi4.

Two different CSR's specifically told me "NO iPads"
Yes, sir. I totally agree. Only the iPad Mini 2 (or higher), iPad Airs, or iPad Pros are compatible with DJI GO.

FYI, support is only recommending devices that will fit into the remote controller. That doesn't mean other devices aren't compatible. Check out this thread for an example of one of those "incompatible" devices in action.

I would hope that you are correct and the "complete" list they provided me is incorrect. It doesn't seem logical that the list is that short but it is the one they gave me.

There are lots of compatible devices. I think DJI just doesn't like to support them all because it's too much work on their end. So, they just recommend those devices that they've tested and found to work well.

Lack of launch support for larger tablets is one of the only drawbacks I have with the Mavic. In my 40s now, my eyesight is not quite what it used to be, all my friends in their 40s are finding the same to be true. I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone can come up with a mount that would not only allow use of at least a mini tablet, but also still keep the remote comfortable and all controls useful.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31