Mavic Compass Calibration

Reaction score
Does the new Mavic have to have the compass calibrated?I was going through the quick start guide on the DJI website and there nothing about Calibration.

The compass calibration process is the same as the process for the Phantom.

Reactions: cactus683
I wonder if we can do it with the arms folded, like twirling a 600ml coke bottle on X axis and then spinning it on the Y axis.

Reactions: cactus683
I would assume you could do it with the arms closed because there is no sensors for it to know if they are extended or not. I guess the only questions comes if the body of the craft would interfere with the compass calibration.

Anyone know why the compass has to be callibrated everytime you change flying locations?

Anyone know why the compass has to be callibrated everytime you change flying locations?
It would be best to ignore that recommendation and do this instead.

I wonder if we can do it with the arms folded, like twirling a 600ml coke bottle on X axis and then spinning it on the Y axis.

I haven't seen where the compass is located yet. However it would be best to cal with arms open as that is the configuration when flying.

Calibration compensates for the mag. field distortions created by items on-board the aircraft as well as the mag. declination of your flying location.

Why try to cut corners?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic