maui....

How did you get those 360 pics? It's a part of the phantom 2 app or something else?

With the Gopro about 6 shots around and one down.
The software I am using is PTGui pro, Pano2VR and krpano.

With the Phantom 3 I need an extra row because of the different lens.

Reactions: Elesser
I think the strange distance you are talking about is distance from your tablet GPS position ( If the gps is turned off, it could be some old position) The real distance is on the left in the flight data. ( D: ) That's distance from the homepoint, I believe.

Reactions: Julius717
twiin falls Hana highway, no GPS ATTI only pretty crazy winds so flights were short and sweet, loading some small videos up right now on super fast rental wifi haha

DJI_0013.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert

Reactions: Fplvert
Waiting to hear your report from Haleakala. It is a National Park no go. I am going to Maui in July with my new P3P and really want to get shots of the crater. The National Park boundary is very close to the edge of the crater at one point, so in theory I could get shots from that point without straying inside.

Related to that, I know the P3 is programmed to not fly in restricted space, around airports and in areas such as DC. I assume the same block applies to National parks - can anyone confirm? How precise is this positioning? If I'm ten meters outside the Park border, will it fly and if it does what happens if I direct it towards the boundary?

I ve been in Haleakala 3 yrs ago, great views from the summit. U should take some pics form there, as inside the crater (went all over it for 8 hr) pics from any camera doesnt express the real dept (even for craters in Volcano park Big Island). But rangers will surely block you.. whilst inside there s nobody for miles and you can fly for sure...

little old lava flow blowhole action ha took 4/5 attempts before getting it just perfect.

Thanks for sharing. Great footage and Pics.
What program do you use for your Panaramas??? I am trying to find a good program for this.
Thanks

Waiting to hear your report from Haleakala. It is a National Park no go. I am going to Maui in July with my new P3P and really want to get shots of the crater. The National Park boundary is very close to the edge of the crater at one point, so in theory I could get shots from that point without straying inside.

Related to that, I know the P3 is programmed to not fly in restricted space, around airports and in areas such as DC. I assume the same block applies to National parks - can anyone confirm? How precise is this positioning? If I'm ten meters outside the Park border, will it fly and if it does what happens if I direct it towards the boundary?

Funny , just got back from there right now. I got one small flight in but the winds were blowing the p3 off point and I wasn't going to risk it.

As for staying outside the park lines and flying in, impossible. The main gate/park line is way below the crater. We are going back tomorrow to hike inside and fly from there. Sadly with one battery it's going to be hard to decide when and where to fly.

In just 3 and a half days I've logged 48 flights on one single battery. And 5 hours flight time. It goes from my bird to the air conditioning and right on the charger immediately while we drive to the next location.

Attachments

• IMG_20150518_124628.jpg
    IMG_20150518_124628.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 384

National Parks are not in the no fly data on the P3.

A map of thee areas can be found here:
http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

few from today , I have so many pictures I cant even begin to edit them lol. 49 logged flights almost 5 hours in the air, all on the single supplied battery and all in 3 days ha

Attachments

• DJI_0030.jpg
    DJI_0030.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 345
  • DJI_0008.jpg
    DJI_0008.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 359
  • DJI_0014.jpg
    DJI_0014.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 371
  • DJI_0012.jpg
    DJI_0012.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 356
Great stuff! Cool to see you experimenting with the stills. They look sweet. How's the home search?

Hope the app is all working fine now. My P3 arrives Wednesday.

few more

Attachments

• DJI_0008.jpg
    DJI_0008.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 363
  • DJI_0019.jpg
    DJI_0019.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 315
  • DJI_0041.jpg
    DJI_0041.jpg
    945.4 KB · Views: 375

Recent Posts