Matte Box / Lens shade

Reaction score
I imagine everyone has experienced this... flying towards the sun and not only an un acceptable amount of lens, but also the accentuation of the props. Would love to see if anyone has any ideas on how to fabricate a lens shade. I thought about attaching a piece of black cardboard tho the lens housing, but i think it will become caught in the wind an interfere with the gymbal.

sheldrake said:
I imagine everyone has experienced this... flying towards the sun and not only an un acceptable amount of lens, but also the accentuation of the props. Would love to see if anyone has any ideas on how to fabricate a lens shade. I thought about attaching a piece of black cardboard tho the lens housing, but i think it will become caught in the wind an interfere with the gymbal.
I don't know what camera/phantom you use, so it's difficult to help you. (however, don't repeat it, but this will not help in any way the so called"prop shadows" in the picture. (I solved the problem by adding an ND filter for the bright days, but there are plenty of geniuses with card board solutions here)
Not much to do against the lens flare. Why not trying a star filter to turn it into an effect?

using V2+. there are no threads on lens front so there is no way to screw in any filters. The lens flare could be seriously reduced with a lens shade. I am going to try taping on a " black " shade to the lens. Not sure if it will catch too much wind, if it will cause vignette or if the extra weight will upset the gymbal balance

sergekouper said:
sheldrake said:
I don't know what camera/phantom you use, so it's difficult to help you. (however, don't repeat it, but this will not help in any way the so called"prop shadows" in the picture. (I solved the problem by adding an ND filter for the bright days, but there are plenty of geniuses with card board solutions here)
Not much to do against the lens flare. Why not trying a star filter to turn it into an effect?

sheldrake said:
using V2+. there are no threads on lens front so there is no way to screw in any filters. The lens flare could be seriously reduced with a lens shade. I am going to try taping on a " black " shade to the lens. Not sure if it will catch too much wind, if it will cause vignette or if the extra weight will upset the gymbal balance

Due to the very wide angle of the lens, I don't think a shade would be efficient. (probably caught quickly in the picture.)Worth a try...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4