Master Airscrew Prop Issue - Buyer Beware

Reaction score
I thought I would buy the Master Airscrew prop kit for the Phantom4/3
You need the kit the first time it has the motor adapters for the 4 and the motor nuts for the 3 and 4. But when I checked to buy just replacement props I could not find them. So I emailed them and they said they only sold them in a kit and are forcing you to buy more than you need. They rambled on about the DJI being a different size but the have the correct size in the kit so they have them. So if you are thinking about buying aftermarket props blessed write them first and ask about if you will be able to buy just replacement props after you purchase the kit or better yet go somewhere else. Maybe just the DJI replacements

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's not a scam. Buyer beware.
What research did you do to determine these were necessary?
There's zero evidence that any non-DJI prop performs better.
Please point to documented performance enhancements 3rd party props provide.

I am not saying they are any better. Just went on word of a engineer friend who did his own testing. The scam part is them making you buy a kit when you already have it and just want an extra set of props. Again it has nothing to do with performance just their marketing plan. Yes it is my own fault for not checking into them further just wanted to warn people. Sorry if you misunderstood the text of this post. But thanks for your input

I am not saying they are any better. Just went on word of a engineer friend who did his own testing. The scam part is them making you buy a kit when you already have it and just want an extra set of props. Again it has nothing to do with performance just their marketing plan. Yes it is my own fault for not checking into them further just wanted to warn people. Sorry if you misunderstood the text of this post. But thanks for your input

I presume that your friend purchased these props to undertake their tests? What did they discover to make you purchase them?

He checked the balance and thrust. And no i do not have the numbers but as he stated one set is not near enough to conclude anything I just thought I would give them a try and I am not say anything about performance it is just their marketing plan making you buy a kit each time which contains hub adapters, prop nuts and props. So if you just need some extra props you have to pay for a kit again with shipping will cost you around $27 for 4 props. I understand lots of people state the DJI props are engineered perfectly for the bird and I do not disagree I am fairly new to drones and wanted to try something new since my friend had showed a slight improvement. But the way Master Airscrew forces you to buy more than you need I think is wrong it is not only a waste of our money but materials and resources. And the answers they give you are laughable about why they do not sell just the props such as DJI props are non standard sizes. Obviously they have them because they sell them in the kit. Again this post is not about the performance but how Master Airscrew treats us Phantom owners. There are plenty of articles and you tube videos on after market props. It is not about how you feel about their performance,but I feel we all as drone pilots need to ban together against marketing practices that are wrong and let them know. There is a time coming soon when we are going to need to ban together to save our rights before the government restricts our rights. So why not start know showing companies we are a force.
Thanks

He checked the balance and thrust. And no i do not have the numbers but as he stated one set is not near enough to conclude anything I just thought I would give them a try and I am not say anything about performance it is just their marketing plan making you buy a kit each time which contains hub adapters, prop nuts and props. So if you just need some extra props you have to pay for a kit again with shipping will cost you around $27 for 4 props. I understand lots of people state the DJI props are engineered perfectly for the bird and I do not disagree I am fairly new to drones and wanted to try something new since my friend had showed a slight improvement. But the way Master Airscrew forces you to buy more than you need I think is wrong it is not only a waste of our money but materials and resources. And the answers they give you are laughable about why they do not sell just the props such as DJI props are non standard sizes. Obviously they have them because they sell them in the kit. Again this post is not about the performance but how Master Airscrew treats us Phantom owners. There are plenty of articles and you tube videos on after market props. It is not about how you feel about their performance,but I feel we all as drone pilots need to ban together against marketing practices that are wrong and let them know. There is a time coming soon when we are going to need to ban together to save our rights before the government restricts our rights. So why not start know showing companies we are a force.
Thanks

Personally, I stick to the OE props, so these are of no interest to me. As has been proved you will never get the AC to travel faster than it will go with OE props, so whatever you think, you've wasted you money in more ways than one I fear.
Re what Master Airscrew are doing to their customers well, drop the "Air" and keep the rest. Caveat Emptor I'm afraid but thanks for the warning to those who maybe considering purchasing from them.

Reactions: BigAl07
I thought I would buy the Master Airscrew prop kit for the Phantom4/3
You need the kit the first time it has the motor adapters for the 4 and the motor nuts for the 3 and 4. But when I checked to buy just replacement props I could not find them. So I emailed them and they said they only sold them in a kit and are forcing you to buy more than you need. They rambled on about the DJI being a different size but the have the correct size in the kit so they have them. So if you are thinking about buying aftermarket props blessed write them first and ask about if you will be able to buy just replacement props after you purchase the kit or better yet go somewhere else. Maybe just the DJI replacements

Just looking at the blades on thier website and saw your review! Made me laugh a bit having read this thread.
Im wondering what it is you dont need, is it the nuts to hold the prop on? If so I would imagine these could come in handy if you drop one and can't find it? I wo der of the bulk of the cost is the props as well? I dont know the answers.
Apart from that they look quite smart but i will probably stick with my DJI ones for now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just looking at the blades on thier website and saw your review! Made me laugh a bit having read this thread.
Im wondering what it is you dont need, is it the nuts to hold the prop on? If so I would imagine these could come in handy if you drop one and can't find it? I wo der of the bulk of the cost is the props as well? I dont know the answers.
Apart from that they look quite smart but i will probably stick with my DJI ones for now.

I also like that they come pre balanced which saves a job of doing it yourself.

I don't understand why this is called a SCAM. If that's the way they sell the product and state it as so ....how is that a scam? I don't see any deception. here. If you do not like their product....don't buy it.

Reactions: JimJimmey
I've edited the thread title and removed the SPAM portion. It should be more "accurate" now.

Reactions: Monte55
In terms of "Better Performance" your engineer friend didn't fully go through the equation. While they might perform better in "benchmark testing" you have to keep in mind that the aircraft's onboard Flight Controller (FC) is looking for a very narrow range of torque, acceleration, deceleration, ascent, and descent speeds. The FC will control the motors to keep the aircraft within those parameters.

If these were put on another aircraft W/O a flight controller you might (I stress might) see some type of performance gains but the FC will de-tune any benefits better props "might" bring to the table.

Again this post has nothing to do with performance and yes I understand you need to buy the kit the first time. I have bought many kits for different things because you need adapters and such but most all those kits once you purchase the kit you have the ability to purchase just the items you need without buying everything. I just wanted to warn people that is not the case here. Sorry if I stated it wrong and I will not purchase from them again. The only

Just to answer Flying Corkers I did not need motor adapters, screws and nuts if you happen to need extra nuts they do sell them separately along with adapters the only thing they do not is the props just kind of funny the only thing they do not is the props. Just seemed everybody got hung up on performance rather that the way Master Airscrew forced you into buying more than you needed. And I am up-minded to try new things but at that cost I will for sure be sticking to OEM props. As I stated I have built many different projects that you had to buy kits because you needed adapters and such put once you purchased the kit they came with parts list so you could order just what you needed since you already had the adapters and such. That is why I was not worried about not seeing the props it is pretty common. Just wanted to pass on information to people who have built projects that take adapters.
Try writing to Master Airscrew and ask about DJI Phantom 3/4 props their answers are laughable
Thanks

This practice goes on all the time...

I recently bought several sets of OEM props, each of which came in an individual plastic bag, which I did not ask for, nor require.

I was almost incandescent with rage, and no mistake... :):)

In terms of "Better Performance" your engineer friend didn't fully go through the equation. While they might perform better in "benchmark testing" you have to keep in mind that the aircraft's onboard Flight Controller (FC) is looking for a very narrow range of torque, acceleration, deceleration, ascent, and descent speeds. The FC will control the motors to keep the aircraft within those parameters.

If these were put on another aircraft W/O a flight controller you might (I stress might) see some type of performance gains but the FC will de-tune any benefits better props "might" bring to the table.

Thanks BigAl... That's what I was trying, but failed, to say!

Just to answer Flying Corkers I did not need motor adapters, screws and nuts if you happen to need extra nuts they do sell them separately along with adapters the only thing they do not is the props just kind of funny the only thing they do not is the props. Just seemed everybody got hung up on performance rather that the way Master Airscrew forced you into buying more than you needed. And I am up-minded to try new things but at that cost I will for sure be sticking to OEM props. As I stated I have built many different projects that you had to buy kits because you needed adapters and such put once you purchased the kit they came with parts list so you could order just what you needed since you already had the adapters and such. That is why I was not worried about not seeing the props it is pretty common. Just wanted to pass on information to people who have built projects that take adapters.
Try writing to Master Airscrew and ask about DJI Phantom 3/4 props their answers are laughable
Thanks

Yeah thats odd that you can buy the other bits but not just the props

Update I received an email from an employee at MAS and he stated to his supervisor that they should sell the props alone to people who already purchased the kit. In my email to him I stated it made no sense to make only one sale and lose a repeat customer so he is forwarding my email to his supervisor and trying to get them to sell props only to people that have the kit. Like I said wether you believe in their performance or not right is right and we need to stick together

Reactions: FlyingCorkers
How to get 1-2 minutes longer flight time on the DJI Phantoms just with different propellers.
Nice video

Exactly ....

Nigel

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj