Massive battery drain / Gains affect battery life?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been modding an FC40. Already have P2 props on it, and recently put a chinese 2D gimbal on it with a GoPro Hero 3 along with a Boscam 2.4ghz transmitter. With my stock battery, i'm getting around 5 1/2 minutes of flight time and similar results with a 2800mah battery. When I first installed the gimbal, the quad would suddenly shoot upwards if hovering as if it were correcting itself. I set the gains to around 150% across the board, which seems to have helped with that problem.

Curious if there's anything I can do to get a little more battery life back (and yes, I know, weight affects performance, that's a no brainer.) - The main question on my mind is: Do increased gains = more draw on the battery? I'm not too sure of how much it weighs currently, but it IS considerably heavier than before.

thoughts / suggestions?

Gain adjustments shouldn't rob you of any significant amount of flight time.

Two things that can help are determining the total flight weight (incl batt) as well as checking in the NAZA assistant to see what your voltage limits are set to

On the topic of Voltage limits- that's one avenue i was thinking about, perhaps a wrong calibration? Though the gimbal controller also reports low voltages as well. I think I have mine set to something like 10.7 for Level 1, and 10.4 for Level 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1