Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Marshmallow ( Gotta Have it Now Link ) Android

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by envisionabove, Oct 8, 2015.

1. envisionabove

I have two Nexus 7's 2013 and have never flashed any OTA Android release.
    This guy has it down like I have never seen it before. Very Simple. (follow his links) Keep everything in the same Dir: (see warning below)
    Both are now running Android 6, and it took less than a half hour for both. Yippee!
    I have not taken the P3P up yet maybe this weekend.

How to flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory image on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7, and Nexus 9

Warning:
    If you have trouble up-dating your Firmware for the P3's don't try this.
    Hope someone finds this useful.

2. nhoover

The normal OTA upgrade is now ready for my Nexus 9. Anyone already tried DJI Go and Litchi with Android 6?

3. dwcola

Don't do it. Marshmellow DOESN'T WORK and causes issues with the application selection. I spent 2 hours planning a mission on Litchi, was excited to go perform the mission, and Bam. Neither GO or LItchi worked. Deleted Litchi and Go now works. The problem in 6 is that the Just Once or Always question was removed so it's causing a glitch in app selection. Stay on Lollipop as long as you can until hopefully a fix is placed for 6. p.s. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 5. People running Nexus's don't seem to have "as much" issues, but are still having issues. Possibly because the Nexus is a google product which integrates slightly better with Android (a google product).

4. Imabiggles

You have issues with marshmellow - I dont and have been flying with it since day one. perhaps its device dependent.

5. susancollin

6. nhoover

I uodated my Nexus 9 to Marshmallow soon after my post above and have been flying since October with no issues. I use Go, Litchi, Hivemapper, DroneDeploy and have tried a couple of other apps as well. Never ever have issues connecting or switching apps.

7. dwcola

I received feedback from Litchi that the Samsung devices are the ones that seem to have the issues. Bought an Asus Zentab 8 with Lollipop in the meantime. Needed a larger screen for 2 years anyways so this pushed me to get one. Hopefully there will be a software fix added soon. It seems to be related to the app permissions upgrade in Android 6.

8. jonebk12

My Nexus 5x, Marshmallow, and both DJI Go and Litchi have always played nice for the most part. I even updated to the Android N beta version on my phone then other week and Go has continued to work fine.

#8 jonebk12, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016