Mars Mini v2 on Phantom 3

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed one of these on Phantom 3 and managed to connect it the servo to a 2 way switch on the Phantom?

So after further investigation, it appears that, while the MARS Mini is marketed as being able to be used with the Phantom 3, more specifically with their Phantom 3 mount, there really is no easy way to connect the Mini's servo to the aircraft without apparently using a second remote controller (huh?) or waiting for the Mayday pre-order controller (another $150 on top of the parachute and mount) which is apparently bring shipped this year but has been pushed back several times. So as it stands there really is no effective 'out-of-the-box' way of manually deploying the MARS Mini. Any suggestions on how to install a 'secondary trigger system' on the P3 for manual chute deployment via the Mini's servo?

it looks really tempting but i cant find anyone who has actual experience with it...even on this forum. it sure would be nice to have a system available to us that works, is reliable, and affordable.

I now have the MARS Mini mounted on my P3P; the Mayday unit is now on its way so I should have a full set up as of early in the New Year. I'm still very interested in adding a secondary 'failover' manual deployment feature to the parachute so I don't necessarily have to rely on the auto deployment feature of the Mayday, but am having to learn a lot about RC transmitting, receiving, channels, etc. If anybody out there has RC experience and is willing to provide some input, that would be excellent. I'd like to add some sort of minimal (1 or 2 channel) transmitter/receiver to the system that will work in parallel with (or simply override) the Mayday unit, that will have a similar range to the existing controller so that the parachute servo can be actuated manually at any time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj