Marking Your Drone

Reaction score
I know I can simply use a sharpie to put my faa # and contact info on my drone but I'd like it to look a bit neater than my handwriting will allow.

My intention was simply to run some mailing labels thru my printer and then put them on the body of the drone.

But I've seen people recommend purchasing labels online - for a fee you enter the info you want, they print them out and mail them to you.

Does anyone know if there is anything special about the customized labels ordered online?

Will I cause any issues if I do it myself with printer labels I can buy at staples?

Any guidance is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I used a Brother Label Maker. I put on label on the front (over the seam) and another in the battery compartment. No problems.

A few of those online sources might use a bit fancier label stock, but there is nothing wrong with printing your own. I have a sheet of Avery (no endorsement) labels that I use. I have my registration on on one, an "if found" message on another and a "reward" on the third. In addition to putting the labels on the bird, I also put one with the Reg# on the battery, just in case. I use this for both my Syma birds that I fly strictly as a hobby and on the P3A's that i fly under Part 107. Fully compliant and inexpensive since I already had the label sheets for other activities. I know others have used Demo type label makers in the same way. Personally, I wouldn't pay someone else to do what I can easily do on my own.

Reactions: Dad12345
Thanks for the replies! I'm gonna make my own. I assume as long as they're well adhered to the bird and the edges don't come undone, it should be fine.

I'll second the Bother label maker. Thankfully I have access to one at work. I've used them to put the FAA reg numbers on all my aircraft and they've held up very well.

I went to kinkos and printed out my numbers on clear decals. I got 16 sets of labels in different sizes for different parts of the bird.

I'll second the Bother label maker. Thankfully I have access to one at work. I've used them to put the FAA reg numbers on all my aircraft and they've held up very well.
Yepper, I too used the Label Maker. It's perfect, I aligned the label with the seam of the White Plastic Shell right below the Battery Tray. Couldn't look more professional.

Yepper, I too used the Label Maker. It's perfect, I aligned the label with the seam of the White Plastic Shell right below the Battery Tray. Couldn't look more professional.

+1 on the label maker too. Works well and looks good. Only downside I had was the grandsons started labeling everything in sight. Our dog wasn't too thrilled with the idea of a label on his head.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I printed out the small medium labels with my FAA#, an image of my P4 with its name "Day Star" and my cell#. I stuck that over the DJI on top of the bird, one in the battery compartment and one on the front of the controller. I put the image if the P4 and its name on it to personalize it, hopefully causing a spark of compassion in anyone who may find it in order to have it returned.

I just got mine back from DJI after replacing the airframe due to cracks so I had to print out more stickers. They traded my RC so I had t do that one, also. Too bad my printer was acting up so I had to hand write the minimal FAA# information instead of all the rest. I will probably print out the new labels today IF I can get printer cooperation.

Too add, back in April when I got my P4, my desire was to print the FAA# on one of those clear label maker tapes and either stick that on one of the edges of the white airframe just above the grey gimbal/sensor shell and another one on the landing gear. Another non-starter since I can't find that, but that was my main desire over the paper label I went with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic