Marking a Location

Reaction score
Fly rc planes and drones are very new to me. If I want to mark a spot via GPS while flying so I can return to it if necessary at a later time, is there an easy way to mark the location. I know there are waypoints but is there an easier way.

I'm search several fields for a downed RC plane and if located, I just want to mark the spot so that I can return to it easily. Sorry if this is a basic question but as mentioned, this is new to me and can't find anything other than waypoints to accomplish this.

I just want to mark the spot so that I can return to it easily. Sorry if this is a basic question but as mentioned, this is new to me and can't find anything other than waypoints to accomplish this.
Hover above the point you are interested in.
Take a photo looking straight down.
Every photo you take has the location stored in the Exif info
i-H7gLW9v-L.jpg

Hover above the point you are interested in.
Take a photo looking straight down.
Every photo you take has the location stored in the Exif info
i-H7gLW9v-L.jpg
Can you use the coordinates to fly back to that spot or is it just info? Can it be set as a waypoint to automatically fly to?

Can you use the coordinates to fly back to that spot or is it just info? Can it be set as a waypoint to automatically fly to?
I was thinking the OP wanted to use a GPS to go find the spot but you could plot the location on google earth and use that to help you visually position a waypoint in Litchi.

I was thinking the OP wanted to use a GPS to go find the spot but you could plot the location on google earth and use that to help you visually position a waypoint in Litchi.
I was thinking that he wanted to have his Phantom fly to the same spot. I could be wrong. Been there. Trusted people. Can you fly and see the GPS coordinates at the same time to guide you?

Ya see, that's why this forum is so good, I did not know that for certain, now I do. Ta!

Picking up bits and pieces almost every-time I look on here, brill.

Anybody know anything about lottery numbers? "I Do", I know which ones it is this week, unfortunately I don't know which ones it isn't Hmmm, never mind:sunglasses:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.