Marco Polo Transmitter Saddlebag

Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently put a Marco Polo unit on layaway (through Ace Deals. Peter is great to work with and I highly recommend them) and am thinking about how I want to mount the transmitter once I receive it on my P3A.

I looked through numerous posts here regarding the placement of it but I wanted to do something that looked a little more "polished". I found the following "saddlebag" at UAVbits and was wondering if anyone is using it and what your thoughts are...

Marco Polo Saddlebag

it will work I don't have that one I have trackimo
2016-02-26 15.13.25.jpg

The only thing I would worry about it that tiny little activation button. The blurb says it's designed to have the miniature switch accessible but I have enough trouble with the thing sitting open in the frame.

I've ended up using a small jeweler's screwdriver to push the button. I also have a pet collar Marco Polo tracker which I like better because it is in a nicer shell and has a button large enough to be triggered by somebody over four years old.

The only thing I would worry about it that tiny little activation button. The blurb says it's designed to have the miniature switch accessible but I have enough trouble with the thing sitting open in the frame.

I've ended up using a small jeweler's screwdriver to push the button. I also have a pet collar Marco Polo tracker which I like better because it is in a nicer shell and has a button large enough to be triggered by somebody over four years old.

Yeah, I always keep a set of jeweler's screwdrivers on hand and figured that's what I'd need to do...

not at all plus have another bracket on it for lights
2016-03-06 09.50.34.jpg

no

this is how I attached mine.
a little Velcro and a couple of zip ties

That's what I was going to do at first but I wanted a more "integrated" look

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads