Marco Polo Mounting Location

Reaction score
Hi,

I searched the forums and found many great suggestions about tracking devices and decided on the Marco Polo. Per usual I ordered the wrong one and received the larger one with the stubby antenna on it. I see that a couple of people use these and have mounted them to the legs of their Phantoms. My question is; are there any caveats as to where NOT to mount it? I see each leg has a wire and I wouldn't want to block any signal, compass, etc. I know well enough not to mount it on top of the P3P
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440600779.356608.jpg
… I think. Any and all suggestions, pictures, WARNINGS would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks ahead of time!
S.

Mounted mine from a piece of angle so the antenna is vertical. The angle bracket was attached to the gimbal guard with foam tape.

The dog version has a beefier battery. It can be sent to the factory and have the antenna switched out. Also they will remove the heavy plastic case and shrink tube it instead, like the smaller tag version.

Reactions: Fplvert
Sprague, I have the same one you do and have had over 50 flights with it on and no problems whatsoever. I used the clamp of the tag, spread it carefully over this leg and zip tied it. Hope this helps.

Safe flying
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440876362.938802.jpg

Thanks Jbundy63!! That's what I was hoping to hear. I did however send it out over the ocean today so if it fell in the water a locator device wouldn't help me much. I'm on an island and sent it out over 1.5 milesaway. Man, were my knees knocking!

Reactions: Jbundy63
Thanks Jbundy63!! That's what I was hoping to hear. I did however send it out over the ocean today so if it fell in the water a locator device wouldn't help me much. I'm on an island and sent it out over 1.5 milesaway. Man, were my knees knocking!
No problem, glad to help. LOL I know I've lost track of mine a few times and feel like freaking out, best to stay calm. [emoji4]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31