Maps Working Periodically

Reaction score
I have an issue when using my iPad mini 2 with my P3P, it only shows the map from time to time
This may occur when I am at a site that I have visit a few times or even when I fly from say my home site.
Sometimes it shows the map, sometimes it doesnt.
Any ideas?
Do I need to clear map cache or something similar?
Regards Mike

Do you have an Internet connection when you're out flying? If not, did you try caching the maps in DJI GO before heading out to fly?

No inet when out flying and no pre caching , just seems strange that it works periodically.
Is it maybe that when I get home to inet coverage, it caches from the last flight there, then works the next time around at that sam e site.
If i go to other sites in the mean time then it clears the cache, am I on the right path with that being the solution?

You need to cache the maps in the DJI GO app for the location where you'll be flying. Open the DJI GO app, scroll to the flying location on the map, zoom in to the zoom level you'll be using, and scroll around to all areas on the map where you plan to fly. Then, head out to fly and the maps should be there.

ok thanks didnt do that before, will do from now on.
Do I just leave the existing settings I normally use ON as before , or do I need to clear caches etc?
On an ipad, enable cache maps in background in the app.
Then while you have wifi, open the map view and look around the area you want to fly at the detail level you want.

Do I just leave the existing settings I normally use ON as before , or do I need to clear caches etc?
As Meta4 noted above, you only need to keep the following setting enabled in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Cache-Map-In-The-Background.PNG

Android devices cache the maps in the background automatically.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20