Maps on P4P+?? *Solved*

Reaction score
Is it possible to get maps on the phantom 4 pro plus??

On the dji website live chat I was told it is not possible to store maps on the plus version.

Now I am seeing conflicting information on Facebook - something in regards to doing a full factory data reset (which apparently doesn't delete firmware updates). This apparently also eliminates the 'crashing' of the dji go app on the plus.

Does anyone know about this and\or have further information???

Yes. If in a location where you have Wi-Fi access, you can cache the maps in DJI GO like this.

Ok so I am at home and have wifi access. On the weekend I am travelling to a remote area with no wifi and no cellular signal. From what I was told by dji I am not able to cache maps for situations like this on the p4p Plus.

From what I was told by dji I am not able to cache maps for situations like this on the p4p Plus.
Perhaps they did not understand the question? I'm able to cache the maps on my P4P+ remote controller.

Perhaps they did not understand the question? I'm able to cache the maps on my P4P+ remote controller.

Ok so I read the thread you pasted but it's very confusing and mostly they are talking about the 4 and 4 pro not the plus.

Do I need the drone turned on (connected to controller) or can I do this just with the controller on and hooked up to my wifi?? I'm a little lost [emoji30]

You can ignore that entire thread and just read the post I linked to above (my post). It applies to all versions of DJI GO and DJI GO 4 (the device and/or remote controller does not matter).

You do not need to turned on the Phantom. Just turn on the remote controller and follow the steps in my post. You can prove the maps have been cached by turning off the Wi-Fi on the remote controller and restarting the remote controller. The maps will still be available even when the remote controller is no longer connected to the Internet.

Ok so I did that and I'm getting nothing but blank grey screen!!! Obviously my home internet wifi has no idea of identifying gps location so I created hotspot on my mobile and connected my controller to my phone and load up the map and still a bit grey screen

I cached the maps using my home Internet Wi-Fi.

After enabling Wi-Fi, click the "DJI" logo at the top, left of DJI GO and click "ENTER DEVICE" to go back into DJI GO. The maps should start displaying then.

36a0ad898f1a32c51a1edbed2f5c304a.jpg

What's weird is that the little dot in middle of screen keeps switching between red and blue and at one point started moving but still not displaying any map

Did you try zooming out on the map?

Which firmware version is installed on your remote controller? Which app version is displayed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO?

Are you able to browse the web or do other things that require the Internet?

In that case, I'd try resetting the device in "Settings" --> "Backup & reset".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20