Maps on DJI GO

Reaction score
Just bought a Nvidia k 1 tablet. Does the map come up on the screen when your not connected to WIFI. If not how do you get them to show. Like I said new to this any help appreciated, Still waiting for unit so trying to get as much info I can

You need to cache the maps in DJI GO before you head out to fly. Check out this post for more details.

The maps come through a WiFi connection to the internet. You don't get maps through the WiFi connection with your drone system. Run DJI Go while you are connected to WiFi connected to the internet. You'll get maps. Then change your WiFi to the drone. The maps will still be there.

Make sure that you have the "cache maps" button selected when you load the maps. And move around the map until you are in the area where you plan to fly. Zoom out to make sure that you have sufficient resolution in the stored map. Both Go and Litchi allow caching.

Then change your WiFi to the drone. The maps will still be there.
He has a P3A. He doesn't connect to his drone via wifi like the P3S. Just adding that clarity for any other readers of this Pro/Adv forum who might read this later. Cheers!

Just bought a Nvidia k 1 tablet. Does the map come up on the screen when your not connected to WIFI. If not how do you get them to show. Like I said new to this any help appreciated, Still waiting for unit so trying to get as much info I can
Go to google map on tablet, offline areas, and save the map you wont.

Double check that you have cache maps turned on in settings.

What do these settings look like in the (dji go 4 app). I have these options 1)enable maps (for China mainland) 2)calibrate map (for China mainland). 3) show flight route.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hate to be a pain here but am confused. Going to have a Phantom 3 Advance soon and a Nvidia K 1 tablet. What exactly do you do to have the map shown on the DJI GO app. As long as I have a 4G signal I can connect to a VERIZON 4G BROADBAND ROUTER I have at home that I use to view my security cameras from anywhere.

Hate to be a pain here but am confused. Going to have a Phantom 3 Advance soon and a Nvidia K 1 tablet. What exactly do you do to have the map shown on the DJI GO app. As long as I have a 4G signal I can connect to a VERIZON 4G BROADBAND ROUTER I have at home that I use to view my security cameras from anywhere.
Dont remember anyone else going through a 4G link, but as long as you can get to the internet, the app should be able to load a map centered on your location. If it works that way, the map should load up automatically. turning on caching allows you to store the map shown in your tablet for use later when no internet connection is available.

How about using your cell phone to create a wifi hot spot then connecting your tablet to it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4