Mapping software

Ok this is how I do it...

Maps made easy to plan and fly drone.

Agisoft photoscan does the processing on my desktop.

****please remember that maps made this way are NOT survey grade. To get survey grade more equipment and ground control points are required.

I do this for a living with survey grade gear.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Joshua Carillo
Ok this is how I do it...

Maps made easy to plan and fly drone.

Agisoft photoscan does the processing on my desktop.

****please remember that maps made this way are NOT survey grade. To get survey grade more equipment and ground control points are required.

I do this for a living with survey grade gear.....

If you use Maps made easy as APP, Photoscan as Processing desktop software, what would be Survey grade gear?

At work I use another drone (big $$$) ... that uses RTK corrections with topcon base station and rover. You can get survey grade results with a phantom but need to use ground control points that have accurate gps shots. Consumer gear, phantoms iPhones etc are only accurate to 5-10 feet on a good day. Survey grade is down to centimeters.

It all depends on what you want the data for. ;) I do ortho maps with the phantom 3 pro all the time but for survey jobs I go to our pro gear.

If you use Maps made easy as APP, Photoscan as Processing desktop software, what would be Survey grade gear?

I use drone deploy to fly and pix4d on my desktop to process. We to use Survey Grade gear (topcon gps) to collect our targets and fly with a phantom 3 professional . We get cm accuracy.

At work I use another drone (big $$$) ... that uses RTK corrections with topcon base station and rover. You can get survey grade results with a phantom but need to use ground control points that have accurate gps shots. Consumer gear, phantoms iPhones etc are only accurate to 5-10 feet on a good day. Survey grade is down to centimeters.

It all depends on what you want the data for. ;) I do ortho maps with the phantom 3 pro all the time but for survey jobs I go to our pro gear.

A P3P is perfectly fine for survey jobs as long as you have good ground control points.

I turn on my personal hotspot on iPhone und link it to my iPad just incase my cache map don't work

Fair enough, but i do need a software that works offline.

Best bet and only way I know is, do what NormanNormal said. Plan it out while on wifi and the maps be in the cache. I have used it before and it works just fine.

Ye
Best bet and only way I know is, do what NormanNormal said. Plan it out while on wifi and the maps be in the cache. I have used it before and it works just fine.

Yes, that will do. I will also try Altizure as i think it has a very interesting interface.

What end product are you trying to produce?

I was required by a friend to do a simple mapping service over a terrain for its measurements. I know a software as DroneDeploy will pretty much do this job.

Yes, I preloaded/cached my map at home then turned off wifi and 4g. Still worked great. I would recommend this software.

Do you know if there is way to test the offline mission just after the plan is synched and before we reach the area that will be mapped?

Do you know if there is way to test the offline mission just after the plan is synched and before we reach the area that will be mapped?

In drone deploy I believe if you hit simulator after its sync it should show . Remember , when it is synced click simulator, new mission, and hit the button on the middle of right side (which shows older missions). You should be able to see the mission you created and synced.

I've seen the mission i've synced and also the mission was simulated in simulator. Does that mean it should work in the real mission?

I've seen the mission i've synced and also the mission was simulated in simulator. Does that mean it should work in the real mission?

Yes sir! I actually did this today on a wifi only tablet. Just follow the same steps but instead of simulator, let the phantom connect.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20