Mapping Software ??????

Reaction score
Hey Folks. Just got my first drone for X-mas. Going thru the DJI Go app, I didn't see a feature to pre-set waypoints on a map & have your drone fly the pre-planned flight. It would be great to be able to set up a flight plan prior to leaving the ground...(Take off & go to 300 ft - Fly 10 MPH from starting point to point A @ 300 ft - Fly 8 MPH from point A to point B at 300 ft - Decend to 200 ft at point B and fly 8 MPH to point C - Ascend to 300 ft at point C and return to starting point.....and so on). I'm not up to speed on the drone pilot lingo but hopefully you understand what I'm looking for. Is there an app out there that will do this? It would be great to have it work with Google Maps, so you could toggle between Map View & Satellite View.
Thank you for you help & advice!!!!

I didn't see a feature to pre-set waypoints on a map & have your drone fly the pre-planned flight.
You can use the waypoint feature if you're running the latest firmware. It only allows you to setup the waypoints by actually flying them. If you want to map out the while points on the ground, you'll need an app like Autopilot or Litchi. You can find those apps here.

You can use the waypoint feature if you're running the latest firmware. It only allows you to setup the waypoints by actually flying them. If you want to map out the while points on the ground, you'll need an app like Autopilot or Litchi. You can find those apps here.
Being new to my Phantom 3, which would be the easiest to pre-set waypoints while still on the ground before the flight, Autopilot or Litchi? Do you know the mapping software each uses?
Thank you VERY much for your help / advice !!!!!!

which would be the easiest to pre-set waypoints while still on the ground before the flight, Autopilot or Litchi?
Check out the Autopilot and Litchi websites to see what fits your needs best. Both apps are different featurewise.

Do you know the mapping software each uses?
Autopilot and Litchi are not used for mapping. If you're really looking for a mapping app (and not waypoints), then check out these apps.

Being new to my Phantom 3, which would be the easiest to pre-set waypoints while still on the ground before the flight, Autopilot or Litchi? Do you know the mapping software each uses?
Thank you VERY much for your help / advice !!!!!!
Also, since you are new to the Phantom, you might be better served to stay away from the advanced flight modes until you are comfortable operating your Phantom in the regular mode.

Reactions: GregWV and WetDog
Yes, you are correct. "Mapping Software" was an incorrect title. Should be titled "App capable of pre-flight waypoints".
Litchi & Autopilot look to be advanced. I need a little more airtime to move to these.
Thanks for the advice.

Blue Skies

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic